Pacific University 2018-19 Application Cycle

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2018 at 8:12 PM, bham953 said:

Any advice on taking the MAX from the airport vs getting a rental car would be greatly appreciated?

I'd rent a car. It can take 90+minutes to get from the airport to Pacific (I've taken the Max from Pacific to the airport a couple of times when I went to school there). If you get a car, there are some parking spots around campus or there's an elementary school like 3 blocks from Pacific. Renting a car would be less stressful, on an already stressful day. 

Hey everyone!

I submitted my CASPA + supplemental application and received email notification that both were received. I am concerned because I am just now realizing that I did not receive notification that my application was marked complete via email.

In the email for the supplemental application it states, "If you have already submitted the CASPA and it has been verified, you will receive another email notifying you of your complete application. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing time." I am worried that my CASPA application and supplemental were not matched ?

Did everyone receive a separate email stating that their application was complete? I emailed Leah but being that it's Friday night I assume I won't hear back until Monday at the earliest.  

Yes, I received an email from Pacific on the same day that I submitted both my CASPA and my supplemental application stating that my application was complete. Directly from the email (received 8/8/18):

"Greetings from Pacific University in Hillsboro, Oregon! We have received your CASPA application as well as your Supplemental Application for our School of Physician Assistant Studies.

We do not utilize a rolling admissions process and as a result, applicants may not learn of their status until after the September deadlines have passed and throughout the fall and winter. We appreciate your patience as we review the competitive applicant pool. We will communicate with everyone a final decision via email, but again it will probably not be until this fall. If you meet minimum GPA criteria, the earliest you could hear from us is mid September and the latest could be early December.

Your application will be screened for minimum criteria and be forwarded to the Admissions Committee. They will review all parts of your application including, academics, patient care experience, letters of evaluation and personal essays. Interviews will be held in October, November and December and applicants will be notified via email of a final decision. The latest an applicant may hear from us is early December."

Though it did not say specifically in the email that my application was complete, the subject line of the email read "Pacific University: Application Complete".

Hopefully they get back to you ASAP! 

7 minutes ago, mkimbe said:

Yes, I received an email from Pacific on the same day that I submitted both my CASPA and my supplemental application stating that my application was complete. Directly from the email (received 8/8/18):

"Greetings from Pacific University in Hillsboro, Oregon! We have received your CASPA application as well as your Supplemental Application for our School of Physician Assistant Studies.

We do not utilize a rolling admissions process and as a result, applicants may not learn of their status until after the September deadlines have passed and throughout the fall and winter. We appreciate your patience as we review the competitive applicant pool. We will communicate with everyone a final decision via email, but again it will probably not be until this fall. If you meet minimum GPA criteria, the earliest you could hear from us is mid September and the latest could be early December.

Your application will be screened for minimum criteria and be forwarded to the Admissions Committee. They will review all parts of your application including, academics, patient care experience, letters of evaluation and personal essays. Interviews will be held in October, November and December and applicants will be notified via email of a final decision. The latest an applicant may hear from us is early December."

Though it did not say specifically in the email that my application was complete, the subject line of the email read "Pacific University: Application Complete".

Hopefully they get back to you ASAP! 

Thanks so much!! Seems that I did not receive this email.

Hopefully it's just an error and my application is marked complete. If not hopefully they can match things up and begin reviewing my application. 

18 hours ago, xoxoemjayeexoxo said:

I submitted my application in May of this year. And I still haven’t heard back ? received an email that my application was received though. ? 

Don't lose hope yet! If you were not told you were rejected, it probably means your application was competitive enough to hold on to! You may hear any day! Good Luck !

Archived