I haven't gained anymore HCE since July

Hi all!

So I've been working for the same scribe company for almost 3 years now and scribed for 2. Last July I was promoted into a corporate position where I'm responsible for driving engagement with our employees, university relations, etc. 

This would be my 3rd round applying. My question is: I know that being promoted is technically considered a good thing, but should I bother putting my new position into my personal statement, or should I continue to just highlight my previous experience?

Thanks in advance!

It depends if you learn anything from your new responsibilities and if it has inspired you to continue pursuing becoming a PA. You can also leave it out. You do not have to only talk about your HCE experiences. You can also include volunteer experiences or even academic experiences that have shaped who you are. You want to confirm that you are a great candidate for their program and that has a lot to do with drive, motivators, and fit. 

Someone once told me that not a lot of people are going to read your personal statement. Shocker because we spend a lot of time on it but of course they do not have time to read the thousands of statements as an initial deciding factor. I think your experiences and stats may help you gain a spot to interview, your interview skills persuade, and then LOCs and personal statements are used to compare candidates for final decisions. 

Archived