2019 Applicants Post Here :)

On 3/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, matron820 said:

We're both PA students at Miami Dade College and this was information passed along from our professor on Thursday. 

Quick question, the equipment and supply list it says we need. Should we wait to buy it or buy it before May 13? 

4 minutes ago, R89432 said:

Quick question, the equipment and supply list it says we need. Should we wait to buy it or buy it before May 13? 

Hi,

Contact Kele 786-873-4802 to be added to the (groupme) chat. Class of 2021 is here and you could get answers to many of your concerns. 

The equipment should be purchased separately, like amazon.

hey future PA’s my name is Peter Molina, PA-C. I graduated from MDC last year August and I felt that the entire process for getting in and staying in was super confusing. So I’m gonna be posting videos to help you guys go through the process. Also, I’ll be opening up some shadowing opportunities at an urgent care that I work at on Saturdays as well where you can get some hands on experience and ask me as many questions as you would like. Below I will link a video to my first video that I posted for my classmates. 

Show support and subscribe as well and let’s get you to that 6 figure salary that you deserve.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/31/2019 at 4:01 PM, classof2018 said:

hey future PA’s my name is Peter Molina, PA-C. I graduated from MDC last year August and I felt that the entire process for getting in and staying in was super confusing. So I’m gonna be posting videos to help you guys go through the process. Also, I’ll be opening up some shadowing opportunities at an urgent care that I work at on Saturdays as well where you can get some hands on experience and ask me as many questions as you would like. Below I will link a video to my first video that I posted for my classmates. 

Show support and subscribe as well and let’s get you to that 6 figure salary that you deserve.

Great message Peter! Thank you for that. I subscribed to your channel and look forward to watching the rest of your content. 

How do I contact you for the shadowing opportunity?

God bless.

German Villegas Jr. Class of 2021

Edited by JrPA82

Hello Shirene,

Congratulations!

April 17th is the due date for both the seat deposit and Acceptance & Deposit Agreement.

Also, 

Contact Kele 786-873-4802 to be added to the (groupme) chat. Class of 2021 is here and you could get answers to many of your concerns

Edited by JrPA82
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, shirene said:

Does anyone know when the tuition is due or by when do you have to accept or decline the offer? Thanks!

Hello shirene, 

Congrats!!! 

Now go ahead and text  Kele 786-873-4802.  She created a group. Hope to hear from you soon.

I am a first time applicant and got on the alternates list. Does anyone have more information about what this means for my chances of getting in? How many people (on average) get in off the wait list? I feel like it's a very short list and don't want to have much hope... I think being on the waitlist has been the worst part of this process!

10 minutes ago, 13ashalv said:

I am a first time applicant and got on the alternates list. Does anyone have more information about what this means for my chances of getting in? How many people (on average) get in off the wait list? I feel like it's a very short list and don't want to have much hope... I think being on the waitlist has been the worst part of this process!

Good morning!

The way the alternate list works is that you are placed in order such as alternate 1, alternate 2, and so forth. So what this means is if for any reason someone who was accepted into the program declines their acceptance, alternate 1 will be offered that seat. If two people decline their acceptance, then alternate number two will be offered the 2nd seat and so forth.

I know it is tough and being on the alternate list can be nerve racking because you are literally hanging on to hope until the last minute. But I will tell you this, people on the alternate list do have a chance. To answer your question as to how many people get in off the waitlist, well it depends. It depends on how many students decline acceptance for various reasons such as accepting offers elsewhere, financial reasons, personal/medical reasons, etc.  

I know that last year at least the first 3 people on the waitlist were accepted into the program; I was one of them. I was placed as 2nd alternate last year and was called sometime around March/April. I was unable to start because I found out I was pregnant a few weeks prior and deferred my acceptance to begin with Class of 2021. So this means that alternate 1 was in, and since I wasn’t able to start, they also called alternate 3 to take my place. 

I hope my experience gives some of you guys hope. But remember that a lot of us applied several times before being accepted and that if you truly want to pursue this wonderful PA career, you must be persistent, have faith that everything happens as it should, at the right time that it’s meant to happen. I know your frustrations very well, we have all been through that stage. But I promise you if you really want this, you will achieve it. 

Good luck to you guys and if you have any questions feel free to send me a private message and know that those who are already in the program as well as the new entering class, we are all here for you guys to help you every step of the way.

• Like 1

Thank you Peter! Great motivational video! We really appreciate your insight,  I will be subscribing to your channel 🙂 

THANK YOU SO MUCH ill be subscribing def a great help. how do we contact you for the shadowing opportunity hours???

thank you, have a great week 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, JulzPA said:

Good morning!

The way the alternate list works is that you are placed in order such as alternate 1, alternate 2, and so forth. So what this means is if for any reason someone who was accepted into the program declines their acceptance, alternate 1 will be offered that seat. If two people decline their acceptance, then alternate number two will be offered the 2nd seat and so forth.

I know it is tough and being on the alternate list can be nerve racking because you are literally hanging on to hope until the last minute. But I will tell you this, people on the alternate list do have a chance. To answer your question as to how many people get in off the waitlist, well it depends. It depends on how many students decline acceptance for various reasons such as accepting offers elsewhere, financial reasons, personal/medical reasons, etc.  

I know that last year at least the first 3 people on the waitlist were accepted into the program; I was one of them. I was placed as 2nd alternate last year and was called sometime around March/April. I was unable to start because I found out I was pregnant a few weeks prior and deferred my acceptance to begin with Class of 2021. So this means that alternate 1 was in, and since I wasn’t able to start, they also called alternate 3 to take my place. 

I hope my experience gives some of you guys hope. But remember that a lot of us applied several times before being accepted and that if you truly want to pursue this wonderful PA career, you must be persistent, have faith that everything happens as it should, at the right time that it’s meant to happen. I know your frustrations very well, we have all been through that stage. But I promise you if you really want this, you will achieve it. 

Good luck to you guys and if you have any questions feel free to send me a private message and know that those who are already in the program as well as the new entering class, we are all here for you guys to help you every step of the way.

When did they call you with news about the alternates list? if you don't mind me asking!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Someone posted a new forum topic for the 2020 applicants. Anyone applying for next year check it out [emoji4]

2020 Applicants post here!!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2107&share_tid=50319&url=https://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/50319-2020-Applicants-post-here%21%21&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1