2019 Applicants Post Here :)

Hi guys! 

I applied for the 2018 cycle and got no interview after making a 19.5 in my admission test. I'm curious what are the steps to applying again. I felt defeated that I did not get an interview, I wish I knew why? I assume I need to bump up my application. I wonder what can I do to make my application more appealing? I wonder what are the G.P.A's getting accepted. I also wonder what is the experience level they are looking for? I was a Dental Assistant for years but I understand that is not what they want as medical experience so I shadowed a P.A during the summer of 2017. Now I think I may need to Scribe, what are your opinions on this. 

Hi guys! 
I applied for the 2018 cycle and got no interview after making a 19.5 in my admission test. I'm curious what are the steps to applying again. I felt defeated that I did not get an interview, I wish I knew why? I assume I need to bump up my application. I wonder what can I do to make my application more appealing? I wonder what are the G.P.A's getting accepted. I also wonder what is the experience level they are looking for? I was a Dental Assistant for years but I understand that is not what they want as medical experience so I shadowed a P.A during the summer of 2017. Now I think I may need to Scribe, what are your opinions on this. 
You will receive a roll over form via email sometime soon. All you do is submit that and all your info will be used next year. If you add any experiences or shadowing, you can update your resume and send it in. There is no definite criteria that they accept as it's a culmination of points between app, test, interview. I have a 3.7 GPA and an 18.5 on the test. I interviewed but did not get in. I was also on my third time applying. It can be frustrating but just keep moviing forward and don't lose hope. Scribing will also help! I don't get clinical points but it would be impossible for me to become a scribe and leave my current job. Keep faith and keep working hard!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jason,

Thanks for your insight. Since this was my first time applying I had no clue as to what to expect, I am so glad for these forums and people like you to get to speak about this. I have quickly found out that this is super nerve wrecking!!! So you are so right in that we do have to keep faith and work hard! Thanks once again! Much luck to you and all your endeavors! 

• Upvote 1

I was told by Jackie that scribing does not count as direct patient care hours, but they do like it. I have lots of scribing under my belt but I also have other experiences to make me stand out. So if you are choosing to make your application stronger I would do something that involves direct patient care such as EMT or MA.

No one knows the exact formula of how to get in, it is a blend of things. The number of degrees you have, overall GPA, science GPA, test score, interview score, hook up, plain luck.

As far as reapplying, you will receive a rollover application and they will keep all your previous stuff. You can update you application before the deadline if you made any changes such as more experience, other LORs.

Good luck to you all!

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! Looking forward to applying again. 

I took my exam after everyone else on the Feb. 27th and got an 19/25 didn’t get an interview, which at that time they were already interviewing. 

Really curious to know how I can improve my application. 

My GPA is a 3.7 (unless I’m calculating something wrong). I am a Medical Assistant and have worked with PAs. I also have graduate school courses which they used to sastify my science courses that expired. 

But Im a strong believer that everything  happens for a reason and this year wasn’t my year. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! Looking forward to applying again. 
I took my exam after everyone else on the Feb. 27th and got an 19/25 didn’t get an interview, which at that time they were already interviewing. 
Really curious to know how I can improve my application. 
My GPA is a 3.7 (unless I’m calculating something wrong). I am a Medical Assistant and have worked with PAs. I also have graduate school courses which they used to sastify my science courses that expired. 
But Im a strong believer that everything  happens for a reason and this year wasn’t my year. 
Sounds like your app was pretty solid.. I would recommend that once everything settles, around July or August, call and speak to Jackie Hernandez and she can tell you which areas you need improvement. Getting a hold of her can be a hassle but she is awesome.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jason Diaz said:

Sounds like your app was pretty solid.. I would recommend that once everything settles, around July or August, call and speak to Jackie Hernandez and she can tell you which areas you need improvement. Getting a hold of her can be a hassle but she is awesome.

Thank you Jason! I met with her twice before turning in my application. Will definitely meet with her again! 

Just want you to know that you will get into PA School! Your perseverance through this process is an inspiration to so many! 

• Upvote 1

Thank you Jason! I met with her twice before turning in my application. Will definitely meet with her again! 
Just want you to know that you will get into PA School! Your perseverance through this process is an inspiration to so many! 

Hey Mila. I totally agree with Jason as well. I’m definitely going to meet with Jackie too so I can see what I can do as well. It’d be great for all of us to get in together next cycle! Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Mmorales8265 said:

Hi guys! 

You know once the 2018 application process is over you can schedule an appointment with Jackie or Isabel to go over why you were not selected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello ,

I’m new to this forum, but I’m also planning to apply for 2019 or 2020 to MDC pa . 

Anyone here taking Chm1046 this summer? 

Would love to start or join a pre-pa study group for those that are still taking or retaking the science pre-reqs. 

I was wondering the dates for the Pa Application process.

Does anyone here knows what  is the first day you could submit your application for the 2019 cycle? And when would you receive a response or invite for interview and the entrance exam? 

When does class starts for the Pa program? 

Thanks