PA Student Rotations in Metro-Detroit Area, Michigan

Hello,

I am a first year PA student at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio. I am from Michigan in the Metro-Detroit area and am hoping to come back to Michigan to do my clinical rotations starting in early September 2018. I will be living in the Metro-Detroit area so I am looking for rotations around that area or in Toledo, but I'm open to other ares in Michigan or Northern Ohio. If anyone knows of any rotation opportunities or preceptors that are taking PA students please let me know. Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By tegriswold446
      Hello everyone!  I am in my 2nd semester of PA school and am in search of preceptors in my area. I live in Greenville, SC and currently commute to Hendersonville, NC for class which is about 40 minutes each day. Because of this, I am really hoping to find preceptors closer to home.
      I am currently in search of any preceptors in Greenville, Travelers Rest, Greer, Mauldin, Easley, Powdersville, Taylors, and really anywhere in the north west South Carolina area! 
      If you or anyone you know is interested in taking on a PA student who is super eager to learn and be in the upstate area, please let me know! 
      Thank you so much.
    • By Lk56123
      I am currently working on finishing out my second to last didactic semester and starting to plan for clinical rotations.  I worked as a ED tech prior to PA school and loved it.  I also worked a telemetry/cardiac floor tech and between that and lots of shadowing was most interested in EM.  I would consider primary care and hospital medicine as well.  

Is an emergency medicine residency a must in order to work ED? Can anyone give pros and cons? I am interested in a residency, but also would consider primary care or hospitalist medicine and maybe transitioning to ER eventually if I could not get an ER job right away without residency.  Is that unreasonable to think of transitioning? 

As far as rotations are there any rotations to try to get to either prepare for a EM residency or to apply for ED jobs without residency? We have 3 electives, plan to do extra EM electives.  Is that the best way to use all 3 extra electives? Or add Trauma surgery, urgent care, critical care/ICU? 
    • By ezieba2
      Hello All!
      In search of preceptors!! I am currently a PAS1 student and our school is looking to expand our clinical rotations for next year. I would absolutely love to do my rotations at home in Chicago and our school will allow us to plan away rotations if we make contacts and provide the preceptor (can be PA, NP, DO, or MD). BUT rotations anywhere are very welcome!!! 
      If you, or any of your colleagues would welcome a student rotation in your office please PM me. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice, Thank you!
    • By chandlerjonesuga
      Hey, I'm just rolling through to see if I can help expand your studying database.  Check out this post of various resources you can utilize to help you ACE the EOR exams, and eventually the PANCE!!!  I hope this helps... The final link is to my personal study guides, yes I know I do the most!
      https://randomjournalposts.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-to-study-in-pa-school.html
    • By hjochs
      I'm considering PA school as a path but I've been having a really hard time finding anyone to shadow. Do people just cold email local PAs? Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More