Pimped for the first time. :D

I just finished my medical assistant class, & need to take the final, & the CCMA certification. This class is completed in an average of four months online, and in a year at the local CC, but I finished it in just over a month. 

So, I had to get some blood drawn today, & told the phlebotomist this was the first time I'd seen all the vials since learning about the order of draw. 

She started PIMPING ME!!! 

"If I had to draw your blood in this/that/the other tube, what would I use, and in what order?  What about this longer one? What about this technique?" 

I was fasting, thirsty, and irritated at having to wait so long, but suddenly I was WIDE awake and happy to be alive, lol.

And I got em all right!! 

She's been drawing blood for 23 years, so I got to quiz her about some ambiguous stuff I'd seen in my course, and ask her about underlying causes of hemolysis that were debated in some student comments. She even gave me tips on managing draws with kids. 

I freaking love this. 

Archived