Non traditional student

Hey guys, I am a non traditional student looking to see if anybody knew of any schools that accepted online classes/labs or didn’t require labs. I work full time and I cannot find any colleges or JUCOs that offer any night classes for AP 1&2 or micro. 

Hey there, non-traditional student here too. In all my searching I didn't see any PA programs that would accept classes without labs, and none that would accept online classes for prereqs. Those are some pretty consistent requirements everywhere. 

Best bet would be to find a community college that offers A&P and micro, with labs, and they should have some late evening classes and late labs. Sometimes their websites aren't that great for searching, so if you haven't already, give some of the departments or professors that teach the classes a call.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:20 PM, Anachronist said:

Hey there, non-traditional student here too. In all my searching I didn't see any PA programs that would accept classes without labs, and none that would accept online classes for prereqs. Those are some pretty consistent requirements everywhere. 

Best bet would be to find a community college that offers A&P and micro, with labs, and they should have some late evening classes and late labs. Sometimes their websites aren't that great for searching, so if you haven't already, give some of the departments or professors that teach the classes a call.

Not to sound rude at all, but there are plenty of schools that accept online credit. Unfortunately, your resources were lacking. 

There are also schools that require fewer labs than others. But, A&P lab is probably a lab you won't be able to skip. 

My advice (at least this is how I did it) is to start by picking a state in which you wouldn't mind living for a few years and find their PA association online. From there you can find a list of all PA programs in that state. Visit their sites and check out their prereqs. 

My first-choice school fully supports online learning and community college credit as they have a community focus and want their program to be accessible to working adults. 

I'm not interested in attending a school that gave preferential scoring to university credit vs CC or to brick and mortar over online learning. 

Best of luck! 

My local community College has weekend classes that seem specifically tailored to your situation. You can take the class on weekends only, or on week nights, or over the summer.

Since they also have a PA program that's a joint masters w/a state university, it's almost like they did this just for Pre-PA students. :) 

Archived