applying for fall 2019

Hi, 

So I'm new to this; I'm currently a senior in undergrad and I graduate in December. I want to apply to PA school for fall 2019 but I have no idea where to get started. I made a CASPA account and researched a couple of schools. I even started to shadow a PA, but I don't know when PA school applications open or where to find out. I just need some general advice. Can anyone help me? I would very much appreciate it. 

caspa opens usually in april every year and schools have different deadlines. the schools i applied to generally had deadlines around september/october. i don't think you can start an application until it opens, but you can start a personal statement, and i would definitely recommend shadowing some PAs if possible. 

The caspa website will give you exact dates as to when the next cycle for 2019 opens. Not all schools start in the fall, some begin as early as May or June 2019 for a summer session. The time of matriculation is usually listed on the program's website.

The other neat thing about caspa that I found useful was that they specifically display which classes count towards science GPA and which are non-science classes. You may be surprised to find that some of your classes are or aren't considered science. They also give you an explanation as to how your GPA is calculated so you can do it yourself to get an estimate of what it will be. Your GPA is not calculated from caspa until after you send in your current transcripts, they have been verified and processed.

You can apply for 2019 cycle from April-September. Some programs also have a supplemental application with additional mini-essays or questions which have different due dates such as October of November. It is better to finish your application sooner than later because interviews can even happen before the cycle closes.

For instance, I submitted 5/28/17 and had an interview scheduled for 07/26! Then got another interview in October and later in December. Most interviews, especially programs who are not rolling admission, have interview season from October-Feb but it all depends. 

Archived