I have been exploring jobs in ortho and the options are in spine and foot & ankle. Anyone have experience in which field a PA can make more RVUs/first assist fees? I know total joints bring in a lot but I am unsure of these 2 fields. Time would be 50/50 OR and clinic

It depends on the type of surgeries being performed?  I have a friend who works in spine and actually does his own injections and minor procedures after being taught by the physician.  It is a small practice, just the physician and PA.  They don't actually do any major surgeries anymore.  Everything is "minimally invasive," so no fusions or other long surgeries.  The PA makes around $175,000 working 3-4 days per week, around 36 hours.

Have no info for foot/ankle.

6 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

It depends on the type of surgeries being performed?  I have a friend who works in spine and actually does his own injections and minor procedures after being taught by the physician.  It is a small practice, just the physician and PA.  They don't actually do any major surgeries anymore.  Everything is "minimally invasive," so no fusions or other long surgeries.  The PA makes around $175,000 working 3-4 days per week, around 36 hours.

Have no info for foot/ankle.

Wow, that's impressive. Where is this at? Do you know how many patients he sees and procedures he performs?

Archived