Asking to communicate with current PAs

Hey everyone, 

I'm a soon to be new grad currently applying to job offers and fielding phone calls from potential employers, and a thought had crossed my mind. I'm wondering if it'd be kosher for me to ask HR, the Doc running the practice, whomever-to put me in touch with the PAs currently working at the location, so that I can ask them what it's like to be a PA there. I don't want to accept a job with a less than ideal environment to be a PA, and an insider's perspective would be very helpful. Would it be insulting for me to ask to be put in touch with current PAs? 

Thanks for the advice. 

I just went through the applying and interviewing process myself. Probably at half of the interviews they offer for you to speak with PAs/MDs. I was offered their business cards as well. If they don't offer I don't see the problem with asking.

They are your best resource. You and your potential employer are both making a big decision based on a relatively short interview period. My current medical director walked me through the clinic and said "there are the PAas and NPs that work here now. I'll be in my office. Ask them anything and come see me when you are done."

I liked that a lot and it was very helpful.

Archived