Hi guys. 
So currently, I have just finished my junior year of undergrad. My current but yet horrendous stats are cGPA: 2.75 & sGPA: 2.40
Unfortunately, all the pre-req's I have take that are required for PA school, I have received Cs in. 

I really want to become a PA, but I know how hard and competitive it is. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what to do next. I am an EMT and currently working as one as well to get the minimum hour requirement in for clinical experience; but with an EMT license I do wish to further become an ER Technician. 

My plan for the summer was to not take any classes and solely focus on getting more HCE hours in, along with studying for the GRE and take it by August. 

With that being said, what should I do? Should I take a summer course of the classes I have received Cs in at a different institution, do a Post Bacc program after I graduate in May 2018, or do a one year Master's program in the health sciences after I graduate? I know I have screwed up, but I want to get back to the right track, but I am afraid that I am too far in to get out of this hole. 

Along with this, I wanted to know what are some other healthcare professions that I can pursue in because I really do want to PA school, but my grades are holding me back at the moment. Are there other healthcare professions that I can look into that might be a little less competitive? I do plan still working as an EMT or ER Tech (hopefully); I just am very confused as what to do with the given stats.

Just from a quick glance, seems to me that you need to focus on the GPA first. You will have opportunities and time to gain HCE after graduating or working part time. 

I would focus on improving the GPA. Retake the pre req classes. Also ask yourself, did you get Cs because you didn't put in effort or because the science classes are not your cup of tea?

If you do retake classes, you should absolutely aim for nothing but As to show that strong upward trend. 

As far as Masters Program or Post Bacc I'm not sure. There are pros and cons to both. I believe these GPA does not factor in CASPA. Someone please correct me on this. 

Archived