Looking for Shadowing Opportunity in San Diego, Ca

Good Afternoon PA Family,

I am an EMT on my path to physician assistant school and I am looking for someone to shadow in the greater San Diego County area. The specialty of the PA is NOT of the utmost importance, but if I had a preference it would be in ER, Pediatrics, or any primary care. However, I would be grateful for the opportunity to shadow a PA in any specialty. I am very curious, have great interpersonal communication skills,  professional, and most of all have a passion for PA medicine. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on here.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AhmedRehman
      Hi my name is Ahmed Rehman and Im a college student that attends Suffolk Community College. Im here to ask if there is any Physician Assistants around my area that are willing to allow me to shadow them. I was really interested in this career path since at a young age and I would love to shadow during the summer. I live around in East Patchogue and Brookhaven. Thank you.
    • By AC2662
      Hello, 
      I have been working in family med the past few months as a PA and am looking for opinions from switching from family med to hospitalists? what are opinions on switching jobs? Stress load of hospitalist position vs family med? 

thanks !! 
    • By anteaterPA
      Hello! Looking for PAs to shadow in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, and/or Ventura County areas! I have been looking around with little/no luck, and most of the PAs in my area seem to work at the local Kaiser, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to shadow their PAs. If anyone knows of any PAs that would be willing to let a student shadow them for a few days, I would appreciate their contact info! Thank you in advance, and good luck to all!
    • By CAZephyr
      I wanted to share a conference that I'm helping plan in January 2020: Pediatric Sports Medicine Conference: Managing Pain in Your Young Athletes After Injuries. I attended last year and really enjoyed the content. It sold out last year, so if you're interested in attending, be sure to register before the end of Dec.
      UCSF Benioff Sports Medicine faculty will present evidence-based management of acute and chronic pain, including the roles of ice, splints and braces, pain medication, cognitive behavioral therapy and physical therapy.

By the end of this conference, participants will be able to:
      Recognize the early signs and symptoms of pain amplification syndrome and chronic regional pain syndrome that could occur after injury
        Apply appropriate pain management strategies for young athletes, including ice and other modalities, pain medication, cognitive behavioral therapy, and physical therapy
        Discuss the red ‑ flags of pediatric musculoskeletal injuries, including when to get X-rays and when to refer
        Describe the proper prescription and ­ fitting of upper- and lower extremity splints, including their duration of use depending on injury diagnosis
        Explain the steps needed for proper evaluation and management of concussions to avoid persistent post-concussion symptoms, including chronic headache pain
        Identify rheumatological causes of joint and back pain in pediatric patients Here is the link for more information or to register: https://ucsfbch.regfox.com/2020-pediatric-sports-medicine-conference 

• By hjochs
      I'm considering PA school as a path but I've been having a really hard time finding anyone to shadow. Do people just cold email local PAs? Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More