University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) – Fresno will be accepting two PA students for our wilderness medicine student elective. As an introduction to wilderness medicine, the elective will cover environmental illnesses, trauma, search and rescue, burns, bites and stings, wilderness improvisation, and more. This two-week elective includes one week of didactic education then moves into the Sierra Nevada mountains for hands-on training. UCSF faculty and guest instructors will be leading the elective. UCSF Fresno has a robust wilderness medicine program including a wilderness medicine fellowship and medical direction/education to the National Park Service.

Elective dates:

9/3/18 – 9/14/18

Deadline to apply:

4/15/18

Prerequisites:

PA student in their final year of training

PA must be able to provide their own transportation

For more information:

https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/medical-student-programs/wilderness-medicine-rotation/

Email:

em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu

• Upvote 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SEMPA
      Join us as Anand "Swami" Swaminathan, MD reviews what works (and what doesn't work) against COVID-19.
      Feb 18, 2021; 3:00 pm CST
      https://www.sempa.org/education/sempa-live/

• By sabhad
      Is anyone able to speak about what it's like to be a student here or may have personal experience in this program? How is the IPE? I'm considering this school greatly primarily because of the rotations and lecture format.  
    • By LOLfPAschool
      So my particular PA school uses the PACKRAT to determine if students are ready to take the PANCE or not at the end of clinical year (this is new and never counted like this before). This year's most recent PACKRAT version national average is apparently a 167, 20 points higher than the last 3 averages on PAEA's website and 40 points higher than last years national average of 128 (according to my PA school). They have informed us that if we do not get within the 2 point standard deviation, they will not allow us to take the PANCE until we reach an adequate grade on the PACKRAT. Can they legally do this?
      According to PAEA, the PACRAT can be done open book so these scores are skewed and shouldn't count for my class.
      There is nothing in our program handbook about the PACKRAT being a requirement for graduation.
      PLEASE HELP!!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More