temporary license in texas

Honestly it depends on how soon your started the process.  I know I was in licensing for at least a month or two before my temporary came through.  Of course that was before the changes that were just made with the board meeting more.  I know that has no bearing on a temporary, but there was more in flux at that time.  I think they are better about getting things moving these days.  I had to get the name of my licensing agent and check with them weekly.  I had multiple instances of TMB saying they didn't get something when I had a signature showing it did.  It didn't hurt to stay on them to make sure these things either got resent or "found."

On 3/3/2018 at 1:32 PM, NeoTrion said:

Honestly it depends on how soon your started the process.  I know I was in licensing for at least a month or two before my temporary came through.  Of course that was before the changes that were just made with the board meeting more.  I know that has no bearing on a temporary, but there was more in flux at that time.  I think they are better about getting things moving these days.  I had to get the name of my licensing agent and check with them weekly.  I had multiple instances of TMB saying they didn't get something when I had a signature showing it did.  It didn't hurt to stay on them to make sure these things either got resent or "found."

thank you ! Yes I sent everything that was required for pre licensing in december only thing pending was me passing boards which I did beginning of february so I'm just waiting now ! Hopefully I hear back soon. 

• 1 month later...

Texas tends to be pretty slow based on my experience, sometimes taking several months. I know they have been actively working on trying to speed up the process. The TPAB is understaffed and they have a huge number of applications to process. I would try and get a position and have them train you while you are waiting for the paperwork.

Archived