Do NP take classes with the PA?

• 1 year later...

I can only speak from about 7 years ago.  At the time most classes were taken at the same time by the NP/PA students.  There were a few classes the NP's had to take separately, there were a few classes the NP's did not have to take.  I would say 95% of the time we were all in the same classes. 

To do both programs you have to be a bachelor RN already.  If you do not have an RN license you can only sit for the PA test (PANCE). 

Again this is 7  or so year old information, when I went through it was not a masters program. 

• 7 months later...

I understand that classes are still basically taught together and within 3 months of time to complete.  Any idea why the NP program is less than half the cost and gives a break to CA residents, and no break for instate PA program? If I am reading it right it is $60,000 NP vs $137,000 PA total program cost for the same education. Am I missing something other than the obvious inequity?  I called program today but they just referred me to the website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bsz18 said:

I understand that classes are still basically taught together and within 3 months of time to complete.  Any idea why the NP program is less than half the cost and gives a break to CA residents, and no break for instate PA program? If I am reading it right it is $60,000 NP vs $137,000 PA total program cost for the same education. Am I missing something other than the obvious inequity?  I called program today but they just referred me to the website.

Yup. You’re not missing anything, they favor the NP program plus the NP students qualify for way better scholarships than the PA students whom receive “scholarships”  literally they get 5-8k off tuition but seems rather silly when students from the NP program don’t pay an arm and leg for the same damn education. They also gave the the NP students the ability to sit for the PANCE, but the PA students can’t earn dual credentials. The PA program is more of a cash cow for Davis 🤷‍♀️. If you’re looking for a public PA program CSUMB has a much friendlier program that cares about their students debt. 

• Upvote 1