Hello!

I was wondering if anyone accepted into Boston University's program could share or message their application stats (gpa, HCE...), I want to know whether, if I were to apply in a later cycle I could be considered a competitive applicant. Thank you for reading this and thank you for your time, I appreciate it a lot!

-Maylily7

P.S. I'll put my stats here if ya want to comment on my chances of acceptance: cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5, Dean's List 7/8 semesters (currently in my last semester), about 100 hours volunteering for my school's EMS. I don't have a lot of Patient care hours but I am hoping to take a gap year and work on that. I also hope to retake the GRE to improve my score as well. Again, thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

you have great stats.. Just work on your HCE. Most of my classmates at BU have >2000 hours, but I have one classmate with no HCE at all. So its possible, but you'll definitely be more competitive if you get up to the >2000 hour range. Otherwise just try to keep your extracurricular activities meaningful to what you enjoy and try to be as authentic as possible. Establish strong relationships with healthcare providers who will be able to write you exceptional LORs.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

I have over 2000 hours as a medical assistant and scribe. I have about 300 hours of volunteer work. My GRE is 297, GPA 3.22, ScGPA 3.02. Low...I know ? but my post-bacc classes (12 credits) are 4.0, so it shows I can perform well in classes. I have a LOR from someone currently working in the COM. What do you think my chances are?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mjharniss
      My name is Mahlia, this is my 3rd time applying to UW and first time being invited to interview.
      I would love to get to know some of my future peers and fellow interviewees through this forum. I was also wondering what the interview experience was like for those who interviewed last year via zoom. Was a same small group interview style used? Looking forward to hearing from you all.

• By FutureDesiPA
      Hi everyone! 
      I am a recent graduate from Rutgers University with a Public Health degree and a Psychology minor. I ended up with a 2.88 overall GPA (IK, it's terrible) with many PCE and Public Health experiences, and I am taking classes this fall semester to start off my DIY-post-bacc journey. I found out that my school is going all in-person in the spring, and I am considering taking classes that are a little closer to where I live since I live very far from the school. Rutgers University is also too expensive for me and I would really like to take the least expensive path for my DIY post-bacc.
      Would going to a smaller and cheaper 4-year public university like Kean University or Montclair State University look bad on my transcript as I already have a not-so-great GPA? Would it show that I am not capable of dealing with PA school classes? Any advice would be great as I need to get started applying to other colleges in time for the spring semester to be able to register for classes. 
      PS. I already know the comments I will get with this post, to change career paths, but this is something I really want to do. I am really passionate about medicine, both the clinical and social aspects, and hopefully would like to work in both of those areas one day. I had a terrible experience in undergrad and I want to move on from that and I am willing to do whatever it takes to show schools I do have the potential to be a PA. 
    • By tegriswold446
      Hello, new clinical rotation student here! I saw the  pinned 'clinical advice' forum was from 2005 so I wanted to start one fresh.
      I would love if people could drop their best advice (ex. advice per specialty/ rotation, comfortable business professional shoes, pocket books to get, EOR advice, skills to definitely have perfected, how to make a good lasting impression, etc). Any and all advice you think of is appreciated! Thank you so much 🙂

• By Naecolex3
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Nicole Rodriguez and I am a recent graduate from Florida International University double major in Biology and Natural & Applied Sciences. I am currently working as a medical assistant working on my patient care hours and will be applying to PA schools the next cycle. I would like to have some guidance on my personal statement and would appreciate any advice! I may be reached out via email Nicole.rodriguez3860@icloud.com

Thank you for your time!
    • By Gratefulguy
      Hi guys, 
      I didn't see a new thread. Hope this helps you guys. Just like in previous years they are moving forward, but it may look a bit different because COVID seems to be slowing down. Here's the email I received on 5/11/2021. I submitted my application on 5/3/2021 and verified on 5/11/2021. 

Thank you for applying to the Radford University Carilion PA program. This email is to let you know that your application is complete, has been marked as "Verified", and we have received your RU supplemental application. Your application will be put in a queue to be reviewed. You may still provide updates to your application through the CASPA website.
      Once applications are reviewed, we will make decisions on whom to interview. Our earliest interview dates will be in September. As we don't yet have exact dates selected for interviews, we will likely make offers for interviews in early July at the soonest.
      We will send out periodic updates to keep you apprised of your status. However, with the necessary changes in how we accomplish our tasks, those updates may not be as frequent as we would like them to be. We are happy to answer any questions that come up, and you are welcome to email me at rhadley1@radford.edu.
      Thank you,
      Bob Hadley

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More