Am I competitive? School recommendations?

Hello! My first time applying will be this spring. I am not sure about how competitive I am and was hoping for advice or advice about what schools I can get into with these stats?

cGPA: 3.41

sGPA: 3.49

PCE: over 1,000 as a CNA in a nursing home

Volunteer Work: certified crisis counselor for hotline, over 200 hours

Extra: play varsity sport for D1 college, TA a physiology lab at school

I know this is short and you can't tell much from this but any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

3 hours ago, applicant31 said:

Hello! My first time applying will be this spring. I am not sure about how competitive I am and was hoping for advice or advice about what schools I can get into with these stats?

cGPA: 3.41

sGPA: 3.49

PCE: over 1,000 as a CNA in a nursing home

Volunteer Work: certified crisis counselor for hotline, over 200 hours

Extra: play varsity sport for D1 college, TA a physiology lab at school

I know this is short and you can't tell much from this but any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

You have the stat of an  'average' PA school applicant. You have a chance for sure but it depends on the school, trend of your GPAs, and personal statement. I recommend shadowing a PA and DIVERSIFY your clinical experiences. Do an EMT or Volunteer in a hospital setting as soon as you can. Also try to be in the higher percentile on your GRE. I wish you the Best!

It’s not so much about where you can get in with your stats, but about where you want to go. Of course some schools take students with higher gpas etc, you need to figure out what schools interest you and build a list from there. Myself and others can tell you our list of schools but that doesn’t mean they are right for you or your stats. Use PAEA’s program directory, you can sort it by a few filters and then figure out if you meet the minimums at various schools. From there look at the martriculated students averages and see if your stats fit or are close. That should help you narrow a list of 20 or so that you are a good match for, then you can look deeper at the programs and see if there is something that resonates with you about those schools, this should help trim the list more down to 10-12 or so.

Once here you can apply to those or more or less if you like. Some folks are limited by prereqs some by family restrictions some want a specific geographic location some just want the best school some will take an acceptance anywhere. Everyone is different.

Archived