Open forum for questions

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I have a few questions for you. What would be your best advice for re-applicants, especially for those who were placed on the wait list? If you have any insight, how many people were taken from the wait list to join your cohort? Finally, what is the job outlook for TUN PA alums in Southern Nevada? Thank you for starting this forum and reaching out to eager students!

Good morning.

I was a re-applicant myself. I was not even on the WL the first time. Now things have changed with the new director. After my denial, I contacted the director and asked what I could do to strengthen my application. For me it was GPA, I retook O. Chem II and Genetics while working FT plus rewrote my letters to reflect these changes.

Our class had a lot of MHS students. Those are the students who complete the Masters of Health Science at the school and our only guaranteed an interview but most got accepted. That left about 45 students for the public pool. I don't recall many being from the WL. There may have been one but I am not for sure. 

Being from AZ and having many classmates from Cali and Utah most of us went back home after graduation. The job market for those who stayed is good, but here is the thing that they don't tell you. Is there a job in your area of interest. Many students who stayed went into ER because a local group came to class one day. But if you have a specific area of interest if maybe more difficult.

I hope that I answered your questions. Keep them coming.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Thank you so much for starting this forum, I really appreciate it. Congrats on passing and getting a job!! I was wondering if you could give any insight on the program itself? Did you feel as if it is a stellar program? I was curious if you could say anything about the PANCE pass rates as well? I am super excited to interview in August. Lastly, any interview tips you can offer? Thanks again!! ? 

• 4 years later...