Stats check for stress check

Hi! I am incredibly stressed about the upcoming cycle since it'll be my first time applying and like everyone else, I really just want to get in my first time. So I would appreciate any feedback regarding where I stand, if I have a realistic shot this cycle, and if there are any schools that I'm missing that I should consider.

cGPA: 3.31
Last 60 credits GPA: 3.47
sGPA: 3.11
HCE: 2000+ hours as an Emergency Medicine scribe, 500 hours as a clinical research assistant (vitals, assisting with BFR exercise, testing strength and endurance)

I've also looked into some schools accept my health care experiences and so far I have the following which I plan to apply to:

DC – George Washington U
FL – U Florida
FL – Barry U
FL – Nova Ft. Lauderdale
FL – Nova Ft. Myers
FL – Nova Orlando
FL – Nova Jacksonville
FL – South U
IL – Northwestern U
LA – Franciscan U
NC – Wake Forest
OR – Pacific U
PA – Drexel U
PA – Arcadia U

Are there any others I should consider? Should I actually not apply this cycle and work on improving my application?

While those schools may accept your HCE/PCE type, you are not overwhelmingly competitive for them and as such it may be a waste of money (some, not necessarily all listed).  Check matriculating student stats to narrow your list down to schools where your GPA stands a fighting chance.

I'd say you have a shot as long as you have a killer personal statement, amazing LORs, and you apply EARLY. I say this because our GPAs are identical. And although definitely more goes into it than GPA, I'll tell you that I got invited to interview at Salus, Rutgers, and UT Southwestern (though they prefer TX residents) with my GPA. I've also seen very heartwarming success stories from low GPA but upward trend applicants to Rosalind Franklin. Also, of the schools on your list, I got rejected from Arcadia but accepted to their MPH program. But that's only my experience. Things very-well might work out in your favor.

Also, I do think that a stronger upward trend would help you be more competitive.

That is so good to hear and congrats on getting accepted! I'd like to think I have a strong personal statement and will get some good LORs. Thanks so much for mentioning some additional schools, I'll definitely look into them more. Also, just to clarify for Arcadia, did you apply to both the PA only program and PA/MPH dual program separately and get accepted to the PA/MPH program?

1 hour ago, tachycardictendencies said:

That is so good to hear and congrats on getting accepted! I'd like to think I have a strong personal statement and will get some good LORs. Thanks so much for mentioning some additional schools, I'll definitely look into them more. Also, just to clarify for Arcadia, did you apply to both the PA only program and PA/MPH dual program separately and get accepted to the PA/MPH program?

Thanks and no problem! :) I applied to their dual PA/MPH and got a (kindly-worded) rejection letter in the mail from their PA program, but an acceptance letter in the mail from their MPH program. I thought it was nice that each program reviewed me separately. It could be a nice back-up plan for someone who wouldn't mind solely working in public health.

Archived