I’m basically done with BIO Kim – my final isn’t due until December 8, but I’ve already taken it. There’s a lot of work in the class, but it’s not incredibly difficult and there are no hard deadlines.You just need to expect to spend a lot of time getting through the work.

Yes, 3__ level classes, but if you have any doubt you really need to check with the registrar or admissions team at your school(s), and get approval in writing. Don't spend $2k to find out it doesn't really count.

18 hours ago, Trish786 said:

Hey.. I was just wondering if bio chem and o chem at Doane are upper level courses? I’m required to take all upper level course work..

@ancientMedicine thank you. Yes I should check with them again. I checked the schools about une courses, but not Doane. It would suck to take hard courses like o chem and bio chem only to find out they don’t count 😐 not to forget the expenses. 

Hi there! I just signed up to take the Doane Biochem course. Did you buy the book or just use the online Launchpad book provided?

You can use Interlibrary Loan if you're in good standing with any library, or you can download a PDF of the previous version. It's off by a chapter or so. 

I strongly suggest you start a GroupMe with your class using the discussion board. Having help from your peers will benefit all of you immensely as you tackle this time-intensive course. 

Has anyone taken Biology II via Doane (BIOL 126)? Looking to start next week. Used to frequent these forums years ago and now find myself looking into PA-dom once again.

Has anyone taken medical terminology through DU online? I recently registered and it said that it requires about 20 hours/week and I'm a little nervous that's going to be too much and overload me since I'm already an undergrad taking classes and working. 

I haven't taken it at Doane, and you shouldn't either. 

The ONLY reason to take Doane classes is b/c they have science pre-reqs for science majors, and you're going to pay through your nose for them. 

Take Medical Terminology as an online class from any community college that offers it and save $1,500+. I took mine through McLennan Community College; the online platform has a 2 week trial with book included; I completed it in 9 days at the beginning of the semester and moved on with my life. I highly recommend doing the same. (You're going to need a refresher before school starts anyway unless you're working as a CMA, EMT, or scribe; my school tells us to take this free one.)

• Like 1

Through a community college? Yes. Unless you have a bunch of money sitting around, do this instead of Doane.

Through the link I sent? No. 9Unless you pay for the course.) I suggested you take that only for a refresher. 

On 7/4/2019 at 7:27 PM, newyaohan said:

Anyone knows does the transcript shows it's online class?

Uh...I'm pretty sure anyone in the PA world knows of Doane offering primarily online coursework to pre-PA/pre-med level students.