• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biochem course at Doane is amazing. Most well put together class I've ever taken.

Honestly, no. You don’t really need to have solid ochem knowledge. I took both of my ochems in 2015 and I didn’t really have much issue in understanding the reaction pathways. You just have to know th

The only exam is a final. Everything else is completing assignments. So it is very doable to get an A while at the same time truly learning the material. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, 3__ level classes, but if you have any doubt you really need to check with the registrar or admissions team at your school(s), and get approval in writing. Don't spend $2k to find out it doesn't really count.

18 hours ago, Trish786 said:

Hey.. I was just wondering if bio chem and o chem at Doane are upper level courses? I’m required to take all upper level course work..

• 3 weeks later...

You can use Interlibrary Loan if you're in good standing with any library, or you can download a PDF of the previous version. It's off by a chapter or so. 

I strongly suggest you start a GroupMe with your class using the discussion board. Having help from your peers will benefit all of you immensely as you tackle this time-intensive course. 

• 1 month later...

I haven't taken it at Doane, and you shouldn't either. 

The ONLY reason to take Doane classes is b/c they have science pre-reqs for science majors, and you're going to pay through your nose for them. 

Take Medical Terminology as an online class from any community college that offers it and save $1,500+. I took mine through McLennan Community College; the online platform has a 2 week trial with book included; I completed it in 9 days at the beginning of the semester and moved on with my life. I highly recommend doing the same. (You're going to need a refresher before school starts anyway unless you're working as a CMA, EMT, or scribe; my school tells us to take this free one.)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 7:27 PM, newyaohan said:

Anyone knows does the transcript shows it's online class?

Uh...I'm pretty sure anyone in the PA world knows of Doane offering primarily online coursework to pre-PA/pre-med level students.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone taken Organic Chem I and II at doane. I have seen mixed reviews of the class offered at UNE and was wondering which one is better. I took orgo I this past semester and completely bombed the course and wanted to retake it. Any advice would be appreciated since I am at a stump 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, minap said:

Has anyone taken Organic Chem I and II at doane. I have seen mixed reviews of the class offered at UNE and was wondering which one is better. I took orgo I this past semester and completely bombed the course and wanted to retake it. Any advice would be appreciated since I am at a stump 

I just signed up for Org Chem I at Doane to start in January (also signed up for Bio 215 Human Anatomy & Physiology I). I also tried taking another org chem class at UC Berkeley online last semester and did not even finish it, I found it quite difficult. I'm hoping I will have better luck at Doane. So far, most of the people here have very good reviews about Doane so I'm hoping that will be it for me! wish me luck!!

Has anyone takenOrganic Chem  I and II atdoane . I have seen mixed reviews of the class offered at UNE and was wondering which one is better. I took orgo I this past semester and completely bombed the course and wanted to retake it. Any advice would be appreciated since I am at a stump