Online classes at Doane?

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Billie said:

Has anyone use the online Organic Chemistry classes? how were the classes? is it doable if put the time in, working full time so want to know how easy/hard of a commitment it will be. THanks for any help. 

I took orgo II with a lab component. It was a lot of work, but I appreciated the video lecture component. It's absolutely doable if you put the time in and yeah, I would say it was a big time-suck with working full time. Biggest suggestion is just to get ahead if you can, I found that easier than doing little bits every day, but everyone is different of course. Got an A in the course and actually really learned a lot. Labs were tedious, but that was expected.

22 hours ago, Billie said:

Has anyone use the online Organic Chemistry classes? how were the classes? is it doable if put the time in, working full time so want to know how easy/hard of a commitment it will be. THanks for any help. 

I'm finishing up Orgo I right now while working full time and it's completely doable.  It's a lot of work, but like Synapsem mentioned above, if you get ahead and utilize all of the resources they provide it's really not that bad.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, angelabea said:

I'm finishing up Orgo I right now while working full time and it's completely doable.  It's a lot of work, but like Synapsem mentioned above, if you get ahead and utilize all of the resources they provide it's really not that bad.  

How are the test? Is it proctored ? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Wanting to get more opinions for those that were in the process of completing the Biochem class with Doane. Does anyone have a copy of the syllabus? How big of a hindrance will it be without previous college chemistry ( I self teach well and have taken numerous upper level courses online)? What is the structure of the class e.g. lecture/assignments/tests? I am pre-PA is this is the final prereq I need so I am highly motivated!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Chris14 said:

Has anyone taken the online genetics class?  Does it have a lab component? Thanks for any insight.

Search this forum as there is a thread of Doane U. genetics course I detailed a lot in there. I took it Aug. to October last year. Very doable, no lab component, a couple of writing assignments a week (they are short 1 page maybe page and half), HW that is multiple choice, Quiz that is mutliple choice (only difference in HW and quiz is that quiz is timed) and couple small projects and a final exam timed at 2 hours for like 70 multiple choice questions. I hope this helps. Yes, sign up and the this class if you need genetics.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, IngaPrePa said:

Is anyone enrolled in the current Biochem course at Doane?

I am just starting and am a bit nervous about the workload.

Hey! I did this course last year and the workload is not so bad. I think I probably spent 1-3 hours a week doing the assignments and skimming through the reading. I worked a full time job and was taking another prereq class at the time and I didn't feel at all (at least, not terribly) stressed out. I ended up with a pretty sweet grade. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 10:19 AM, RashelPreRTPrePA said:

Hello there! 

I am taking medical terminology and A&P 1 online this summer through Doane university. 

How are the online labs set up? Do i need to purchase anything?

Hi! how was this class for you? Who did you take it with? thinking about it for the fall!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...