Work flow

Where are all the vascular pas? I just wanted to get a feel of what everyone at there is doing. What are your hours? What do you do? What are the best and worst parts of the job? What procedures do you do? How does your service run?

I'm 2.5 years in.  There are three vascular surgeons and two vascular pas. We work M-Th 8-6 usually later depending on surgeries. And the following week M-F 8-4 plus Saturday rounds about 2-3 hours. The two of us alternate each week. 

We're first assist for 90% of the cases. Angios, fistulas, bypasses, amps, evar, endarterectomy etc. We work the hospital see all consults. Sometimes go to clinic when there is time between OR and hospital. 

I'm pretty happy for the most part. This is my first job. Maybe I don't know better. I like the work flow and the cases. Obviously vascular cases can sometimes be extremely long, but that is expected. I like my schedule. What are your thoughts on vascular? What do you wish could be different?

Archived