Anyone know of any PA programs that would take technical/trade school credits?

I would contact the programs you’re interested in applying to, and ask them directly. PA school requirements are disparate which makes the application process difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AmbitiousPA2B
      Hey guys, 
      I will be applying to PA school this cycle and I was talking to an admissions counselor at the PA school I am interested in going (in my home town) about my academic record/healthcare experience and how I can be a more competitive applicant. In conclusion, she recommended I re-take Gen Chem II cause I got a D the first time I took it. Some background on me is that I have a cGPA of 3.1 and I knew that wasn't competitive enough for PA school and decided to get a Master's in Science which I got a cGPA of 3.5 with a sGPA of 3.6. I figured that since I took a lot of upper level chemistry and biochem courses in grad school it would counteract my D in gen chem II. However, they don't factor in grad grades with the undergrad pre-req grades which I should've known and feel stupid that I don't so I am looking at retaking gen chem over the summer before Aug 1. Other areas of my app are very strong with a good enough GRE, over 2,500 healthcare hours and other volunteer experience. This is literally my last battle and any advice would be amazing! 

SO she recommended I take Gen Chem II online at UNE (University of New England) and she said I;d be able to finish that in 8 weeks. I absolutely hated GC II and I really need to pull off an A. I've never experienced taking an online class through UNE...if any of you guys have had any experience and how hard you think it would be to pull off an A that would be greatly appreciated!! 
    • By timesfive
      I took Organic chemistry last semester and got a C-, so now my science GPA is ruined.
      Are there any schools that don't require Ochem as a pre-req?
    • By alimurray
      I have been looking into PA programs to figure out which ones to apply to in the upcoming cycle. For some schools I meet all their prerequisite coursework, but for other schools I am a class or two short. I did not take abnormal psychology or sociology in my undergrad program, but I took all the core classes most PA schools want to see. What I am wondering is if it is a bad idea to apply to programs where I am missing a prerequisite. Will schools still view my application if I don't have every prerequisite they want? I don't want to waste my time and money applying to schools if they won't even consider me. 
    • By alwaysivy
      Hello all,
      I am currently attending a 4 year college to get my undergraduate degree done, but as lots do, I failed Organic Chemistry II. Now I'm looking for an online class to supplement the requirement. It's literally the last class I need to move forward. I found one from a community college near to my school, but the issue with that is the classes have already started. While I was got all the paperwork done, my home college took about a week to send it out, messing up the scheduling portion of attending the community college since they stop scheduling classes after a certain date. I had talked to them before this and they made it seem like that wouldn't be an issue, but now talking to them again, it seems to be a problem. I'm worried as this is the last semester I have before my financial aid runs out. The school takes so long to do anything even with my calling that I don't know if it will be worth the effort to try to get accepted as a visiting student at a different school if I cannot schedule.
      I have been looking at Doane University, but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen. I am not sure how to proceed, so any advice would be helpful. If I withdraw and try to complete the class over summer instead, maybe that would be better, but I'm not sure if my financial aid will carry that long. 
    • By caligirl707
      Hi everyone, is there such thing as a pre-pre PA? lol jk
      I'm just curious how everyone is calculating their overall science GPA (sGPA). The reason I am asking is because the variety of program requirements that I have looked at all require different science pre-reqs, so when I am seeing people write their stats in, I'm just curious how its all amounting up when every program is different. 
      Thank you in advance for any and all input!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More