MrsPA2u

Yet ANOTHER Contract renegotiation...help!

2016-2017-Original agreement as a 1st Year new Grad Derm PA:

100k straight salary (no bonus)-

general derm only 

4 weeks PTO

5 additional CME days (PTO)

$2500 Annual CME allowance

All licensing/membership dues/supplies/mal practice insurance covered in full

no healthcare/dental (although covered in full by spouse)

no 401k/retirement plan

No maternity leave (although all female staff except the SP)

2018 renegotiation pending-

$110,500k base with 10% bonus after 300k in collections (this seems terrible)

"will" now transition into surgical excisions and cosmetics (lasers, injectibles)

6 weeks PTO

5 additional CME days (PTO)

$3000 Annual CME allowance

All licensing/membership dues/supplies/mal practice insurance covered in full

"Will" implement 401k/retirement plan, which is currently in the works (although no matching offered)

open to a maternity leave option (although specific terms not discussed)

Any feedback would be much appreciated. No signatures have been exchanged therefore nothing is set in stone. So negotiation of terms is still subject to change. 

Thanks for your time!

Looks pretty good to me. In derm you can easily collect 500k so if you get an extra 20k bonus you’ll be up to 130k in year 2 plus 6 weeks pto is awesome and they are going to give you retirement plan hopefully. In the future you can always negotiate up the 10%. 

19 hours ago, marktheshark89 said:

Looks pretty good to me. In derm you can easily collect 500k so if you get an extra 20k bonus you’ll be up to 130k in year 2 plus 6 weeks pto is awesome and they are going to give you retirement plan hopefully. In the future you can always negotiate up the 10%. 

Thank you so much for even taking the time to respond! It seems like Most members just view the post without commenting which isn't helpful at all. I truly appreciate your input!  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By keisha12
      I have 7 years experience as a PA (1 year General Surgery, 3 years IM private practice, and now 3 years at my current position in a family medicine outpatient clinic) in rural Kentucky. It is time for contract negotiations after 3 years of work here. I am outpatient only with no call, 4 days per week; averaging 18-20 patients per clinic day. My base salary is $93k, Encounter based bonuses ($16.59 per encounter over minimum 663 per quarter which does not prove profitable for me so basically my salary is less than $97k total), $2500 CME plus 40 hours PTO, 24 days PTO plus 12 sick days, Malpractice and license fees paid. Insurance and retirement are self funded. No 401k. I have continuously had superior provider ratings, increased clinic volume (with the highest in the local system for at least one year), diligent with completion of charts and never take days off. Recommendations on asking for raise? 
    • By postsynaptic24
      So i've received this offer  from an UC ,and I was looking over the employment offer and some things stood out to me.  I just wanted to get you guys take on it.  I've included the concerning parts below.
      Does the first part before the non compete clause mean that I cant have a second job outside of the clinic, like if I wanted to do part-time/prn at a hospital?  As for the non-compete, is it basically saying I cant work at any other UC for 2 years after I leave?     I'd really appreciate the feedback! Thanks
      - Employer hereby employs Provider to devote Provider’s working time, best efforts and loyalty to providing health care services as determined by Employer and set forth herein and on Schedule 1.01 attached hereto and made a part hereof. Provider shall provide the Services exclusively for Employer at the Clinics on a full-time basis (as defined in Schedule 1.01). Provider shall not, without the prior written consent of Employer, except as provided on Schedule 1.01(b), render professional services for compensation to or for any person, firm, corporation, or other organization aside from those services rendered pursuant to this Agreement, whether Provider is acting by himself/herself or as an officer, director, employee, shareholder, partner or fiduciary for another.
      - Non-Competition Covenant.
      (a) Provider recognizes that the covenants contained in this Section 1.14 are an essential part of this Agreement and that, but for the agreement of each of them to comply with such covenants, Employer would not have entered into this Agreement. Provider agrees that during the Term of this Agreement and for two (2) years thereafter Provider shall not:
      (i) directly or indirectly, either as principal, agent, employee, independent contractor, consultant, director, officer, employer, manager, medical or nursing director, medical or nursing officer, advisor, stockholder, partner, member, owner or in any other individual or representative capacity whatsoever, either Provider’s own benefit or for the benefit of any other Person (other than Employer or any medical practice, walk-in clinic or urgent care clinic managed by Employer or its Affiliates) either knowingly (A) hire, attempt to hire, contact or solicit with respect to hiring any Other Employee (as hereinafter defined) or (B) induce or otherwise counsel, advise, solicit or encourage any Other Employee to leave or resign his or her employment;
      (ii) act or serve, directly or indirectly, as a principal, director, officer, manager, or advisor with or for, or acquire a direct or indirect ownership interest in or otherwise conduct (whether as stockholder, partner, member, investor, joint venturer, or as owner of any other type of interest), any Competing Business (as such term is defined herein); provided, however, that this clause will not prohibit Provider from being the owner of up to two percent (2%) of any class of outstanding securities of any company or entity if such class of securities is publicly traded; or
      (iii) directly or indirectly, either as principal, agent, employee, independent contractor, consultant, director, officer, employer, medical director, medical officer, advisor, stockholder, partner, member or owner or in any other individual or representative capacity whatsoever, either for their own benefit or for the benefit of any other Person, call upon, solicit, divert or take away, any patients, customers or clients of the Clinics, or any medical practice, walk-in clinic or urgent care clinic managed by Employer or its Affiliates.
    • By Clockwatching
      Hello everyone! I had recently posted about a derm offer, but I got another offer at a different practice/state and would love some thoughts on this one. 

Salary: 36 hour work week, Training salary for 4 months at a rate of 75K, and then 80K with bonus of 10% for collections exceeding 60K for a 3 month period that will be paid quarterly. 
      Time off: 2 weeks PTO, 1 week of sick time, 2 days for CME and 2 personal days along with 7 paid holidays. 
      Malpractice covered. 50% of tail coverage if I stay with practice for 2 years. 
      CME: 1K
      Health insurance plan: 280/mo towards it
      401K: allowed to enroll after 1 year
      Restrictive covenant for 7.5 miles 
      State: Pennsylvania, outside philly 

Counters that I’m thinking: 
      - I’m okay with the training period salary but will counter with 90K w/ 10% collections
      - 5 days for CME 
      - Tail coverage required now
      - CME 2K
      - I need to get more info on the health insurance aspect. 
      I really really like the Physician and she has a great plan for how to train/incorporate me into the practice. I feel like it would be a great opportunity but I also want to ensure I’m making the right decision realistically. 
      I would love any input from you guys! Thank you! 
    • By brooks23
      Hi everyone, 
      I have been offered a job running a clinic and want to get some feedback on the offer. I have one year experience in a busy ER. I would be running the clinic by myself, and there would be a 2-4 month "mini fellowship" where I would be traveling to their different clinics for one-on-one training and examinations, etc. 
      Here is the offer:
      Mon-Fri 8-5
      Training Pay $75000 (pro-rated for the 2-4 month training)
      Base pay which starts immediately after training- $140k
      Bonus Structure paid quarterly: 20% of collections greater than $35k per quarter. (I wouldn't likely start hitting this bonus in the first year because this is a new clinic which needs to be built up)
      15 days PTO plus holidays
      5 days CME with no allowance
      100% health coverage for me. I pay to add my family members. 
      Potential for partnership down the road.
      I'd love some feedback, please! I am a little nervous to leave a stable position, but I know derm positions are hard to come by without experience. 
      Thanks in advance

• By Alojamora
      Hi everyone!
      3 years in Derm. 
      Right now : 
      1. Part time pay $57.50 an hour no benefits except 401k he’s putting in 3%. Only PA in solo practice. One time bonus in December of $1,500. Pays for all CME activities no cap, but does not pay accommodations or other expenses. 
      2. Work 20-25 hours a week. I tally about 60 patients a week and sometimes less. 
      3. I Do some cosmetics 
      4. I was offered productivity based salary at first, had no Derm experience but I declined because I was brand new to practice. Worked IM 3 years before starting. 

offered 
      same base salary : part time hourly $57.50
      productivity: net Collections first year 3%, 2nd year 4% and 3rd year 5%  above 200k. Reports quarterly but collected and calculated from Whole practice 
       30% in cosmetic procedures 
      Same benefits as above 
      Any thoughts?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More