gnfast87

Experienced Derm PA offer

A little background:   16 years PA experience   (12 years in Medical Derm,  3 years Urology and 1 year Ortho)   Currently work for Academic Hospital.   Base salary of $118,000 no bonus structure.   I bill a little over $700,000 per year with 1 Medical Assistant

Received an offer at Private firm of:    (I will have 2 Medical Assistants working for me)

1st year      $110,000 base and 20% of gross collections minus first $290,000   Bonus is yearly (one payment) at end of 1st year.

2nd year     No base and 30% of gross collections.   Bonus is yearly (one payment) at end of 2nd year.  

24 month non compete for the surrounding 8 counties.   $10,000 signing bonus and $10,000 relocation.

Just wondering if people think that is a good offer??    I think with my level of experience that the percentages are a little low and the $290,000 overhead number

is higher than the normal 2X your salary.    It's around 2.6 times the salary.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, did you end up accepting the above offer, and if so, any changes to the contract?

• Upvote 1