Experienced Derm PA offer

A little background:   16 years PA experience   (12 years in Medical Derm,  3 years Urology and 1 year Ortho)   Currently work for Academic Hospital.   Base salary of $118,000 no bonus structure.   I bill a little over $700,000 per year with 1 Medical Assistant

Received an offer at Private firm of:    (I will have 2 Medical Assistants working for me)

1st year      $110,000 base and 20% of gross collections minus first $290,000   Bonus is yearly (one payment) at end of 1st year.

2nd year     No base and 30% of gross collections.   Bonus is yearly (one payment) at end of 2nd year.  

24 month non compete for the surrounding 8 counties.   $10,000 signing bonus and $10,000 relocation.

Just wondering if people think that is a good offer??    I think with my level of experience that the percentages are a little low and the $290,000 overhead number

is higher than the normal 2X your salary.    It's around 2.6 times the salary.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...