moleashish

2018 HSCP Applicant

I just got my packed completed for the HSCP. Very excited and hoping to get selected. It took some time but it is finally done. My recruiter will be submitting the package on Monday. 

How many here are applying or are in the process of submitting their HSCP packet this year?

I spoke with three recruiters early February with regard to both HPSP and HSCP.  The Navy recruiters both said the quotas have been filled for the previous cycle HSCP although it hadn't closed yet.  If I understand correctly, 2018 applications wont be accepted until closer to the end of the year.

Curious what recruiter you are working with and if they gave you solid info.

I applied to and was accepted to HSCP for the 2017 FY. I submitted my package in early January (had some repeat medical that needed to be done that delayed it), and heard in February 2017 that I was an alternate.

I was then contacted in April/May 2017 and told that someone had backed out, and that I was the first alternate, so I was accepted! For FY 17 I was told that there were 17 slots, but I'm not sure for FY 18. Good luck, and remember, you could still be selected even as an alternate!

• Upvote 1

Right, Im sure OP has a solid shot at an alternate spot like yourself.  Perhaps I just misunderstood the recruiters' and heard, "applications are closed" instead of "quotas are full".  Also, I would imagine a lot of med recruiters likely don't want to waste their time on a long-shot late applicant like myself. 

I'll be waiting until mid-summer to finalize my app and will plan to submit ASAP for the next FY.

• Upvote 1

Good luck SephONE! Feel free to DM me if you have any questions regarding the process

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, vb315 said:

Good luck SephONE! Feel free to DM me if you have any questions regarding the process

Thanks! will do!

Update. Just found out today I was selected for the HSCP. Yes!!!! Now awaiting for the next steps. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi!

I just mailed in my seat deposit to a program (yay!) so am now looking at possible opportunities/scholarships. I would love to hear your experience with the application process for this. I've been trolling through through all of the forums as much as possible haha but this is one of the few recent threads from this year. Does anyone know current info on the VA scholarship program? I saw people discussing the application process for last year, but when I go to the site to find information for this current year, there's nothing. I reached out to the program director, but no word back as yet. Thanks for any info!

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2018 at 4:36 PM, vb315 said:

So I saw tht you were accepted 2017. How has the experience been for you so far? 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:42 AM, jmelville said:

So I saw tht you were accepted 2017. How has the experience been for you so far? 

PM'ed you