GRE question : in need of opinion!!

Hi everyone, 

One of the schools that I'm applying to recommends that students have at least a 153 on verbal section and a 144 on the quantitative section of the GRE in order to be competitive with other students. I recently took the GRE and I received a 151 on my verbal section and a 153 on my quantitive section. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky, but i'm concerned that my verbal section is just 2 points shy of the "recommended" score, which would possibly make me a sub par applicant.

I've read online that as long as you meet the 50th percentile and you're above a 300 overall score you should be fine. So, I'm unsure if I should take the risk or take the test again..

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Another Question on GRE.

School states Min GRE are 152 V and 155 Q.   However class averages for the last three cohorts are Less than 152 V (stat published was as low as 148 and most recent was only 151, Q average for most recent was 154).

I exceeded Q, however 151 V...   Will this get by the first screening or immediate rejection?

Thanks

If this requisite is for Baylor College of Medicine, my understanding is that they do cut off people who have not met their minimum GRE score. 

My recommendation is to study hard and retake it! It doesn't hurt! And it will make you a better applicant! Plus, if this is Baylor, their average GRE scores are much higher. Good luck! 

10 minutes ago, Dargulon said:

If this requisite is for Baylor College of Medicine, my understanding is that they do cut off people who have not met their minimum GRE score. 

My recommendation is to study hard and retake it! It doesn't hurt! And it will make you a better applicant! Plus, if this is Baylor, their average GRE scores are much higher. Good luck! 

Average GRE scores of accepted applicants*

Archived