from business school to PA

hello everyone, i hope you all are doing well, i want to go to PA school so bad, the only thing is i have a bachelor's degree in business marketing, i work in a seniors home, so i have a  CNA license, also my bachelor's degree was not from the US, what would be a good starting point for me to become a PA, what program did you go into to become a PA, i heard there are some programs that needs a bachelor's degree regardless of the field of study, please any kind of information you can provide will help me, thanks

hello everyone, i hope you all are doing well, i want to go to PA school so bad, the only thing is i have a bachelor's degree in business marketing, i work in a seniors home, so i have a  CNA license, also my bachelor's degree was not from the US, what would be a good starting point for me to become a PA, what program did you go into to become a PA, i heard there are some programs that needs a bachelor's degree regardless of the field of study, please any kind of information you can provide will help me, thanks

From what I understand, most of the schools require a bachelor’s from the United States. I would start with researching schools to see which programs will accept your degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrator

No, a US-based bachelor's isn't necessary; there are programs who do international educational equivalency evaluations.  TOEFL may be necessary if appropriate, of course.

Yes, one can have a bachelor's in anything.  I did a LOT of coursework--about 45 semester hours, off the top of my head--to "upgrade" my IT degree to PA school prerequisites, and brought my GPA up in the process.  You can too!

I was a dental hygienist for eleven years and finished my bachelor's degree along the way. Got it in Management and Organizational Development. At the time, it made the most sense for how I could complete my BS before having kids.

I hadn't convinced myself yet that I was going to buckle down and pursue PA school. Once I made that decision, I enrolled in the local CC here to take all of the prerequisites I needed. Ended up being six classes (with four labs) to meet the requirements of my first-choice school.

And, from what I've read, it's not an uncommon path to PA school. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Archived