Hi everyone, 

I have begun the process of getting licensed in Texas. All of my documentation has been submitted and I received notice that I will be assigned an analyst but that this could take several weeks. I have read some of the older topics on this but I was wondering if anyone that has gone through the new licensure process more recently could tell me how long this whole ordeal might take. On the older threads people have been saying the TPAB only meets 4 times a year but I am seeing a schedule that looks like they meet every month. Is this something that changed in 2017? I had a pretty promising interview last Friday and I am starting to stress that my license won't be complete for several months. What does this mean if they make me an offer? 

Also, if you applied for a temporary license how long did that take to process? How does the Texas PA Board expect us to start paying off our loans?! Feeling frustrated...  

Yes, this was placed in the sunset bill I believe.  You still have the option of a temporary if needed.  I would say that one to two months is the average now.  Hopefully you have it by now.

On a similar note...I am from out of state, and 2 weeks ago received an email from my licence analyst saying they have all the papers. Now...I hear it takes 16 weeks for a temp licence and 20-24 for permanent...how true is that? Any recent experience getting the licence, and especially anyone from out of state? 

Thank you!

Can anyone who has been recently licensed by TMB give any input on the time frame? I was assigned a license analyst beginning of October, havent received any updates and it’s now the end of December.  I called TMB and they said to contact the analyst for updates but haven’t heard back from her either.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By excelcardiaccare
      We are a growing and expanding cardiology group located in the Dallas Fort Worth, Northern area: Keller and another location 34 miles north in our Decatur clinic.  Excel Cardiac Care, PLLC was established over 10-years ago by Saritha Dodla, MD, RPVI, FACC  and a year later Dr Irfan Hameed, MD, MPH, FACC joined the practice.
      Today, thanks to our amazing patient outcomes and experiences we are building a medical park: Clinic - ASC - and Professional building. Serving communities over 50-miles whose has a an aging demographics. 
      PA for cardiology practice-Keller & Decatur. Experience in  Athena EMR a plus. Will train to meet our practice needs.
      Salary – Competitive and Negotiable for the region, $80,000.00 to $110,000.00
      REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
      Master’s degree and successful completion of accredited physician assistant program
      WORK AUTHORIZATION
      Employee is legal to work in the United States and can provide documentation as proof ESSENTIAL DUTIES / SKILLS
      Examines patients, obtains medical histories, and assesses / records health status Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests such as stress test, ECHO's cardiac catheterizations or training will be provided for the same Prescribes medications, monitors therapies, and treats illnesses Reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports Ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on varied cases Ability to educate patients, families, staff and external customers in a user-friendly manner Admissions and discharges
      Call schedule to be negotiated
      Will see patients in the hospital and follow up in clinics
      TRAVEL
      This position may require travel to our satellite office A hardworking, self-motivated candidate who is looking for longevity and career fulfillment would be ideally suited to be a part of the Excel  Cardiac Care Family.
      Email your CV - Cover Letter and desired compensation package to: ccrowe@excelcardiaccare.com 

• By katpac
      Hello everyone!  Haven't been on here in a while...  I'm hoping those of you with your DEA license can give me some guidance please, esp. if in primary care, and better yet if you are in Florida. I took the updated course, as my employer has now agreed to reimburse for the license application. There were some points in the course (taken through FMA) that I didn't know if I entirely understand, regarding supervising physician. --> Are we supposed to have a supervising physician name printed on every controlled substance Rx? It sounded like that from the course, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood. I work with an NP who notes that she doesn't have a supervising physician name on any of her benzo Rxs (4), but only on the pain meds (2). However, as we all know, the rules vary from state to state between NPs and PAs... So for, lets say, ativan (sched 4) - 1) Would the printed Rx on control paper have to have both my name and the supervising physicians name? 2) On that same Rx, if it has to have SP name, does it also need to be signed by the SP? .... The whole point of my organization wanting me to get this DEA license is so that the SPs do not have to be bothered and pulled each time I see a patient who needs a renewal on those meds. So I'm just trying to figure out if it is even worth it to get it. While they are now reimbursing, it is first out of my pocket until reimbursed, and that large sum of money on a screen at checkout just makes me a little nervous, lol. Also, I don't want them to pay all of that when the purpose of them paying for it will not be fulfilled.  Thanks in advance. 
    • By yanetyjo
      Hi,
      I am in my on my Didactic year in University of Washington and I am looking clinical rotations at Texas! Here are some good rotations too, my campus is in Alaska . I need to look some opportunities because my husband lives in Austin, Texas, but I dont have any MD contacts there. Any suggestion.
      Thank you
    • By Bbiam99
      Can anyone who has been recently licensed by TMB give any input on the time frame? I was assigned a license analyst beginning of October, havent received any updates and it’s now the end of December.  I’ve called TMB many times and they said to contact the analyst for updates but haven’t heard back from her either.  

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More