Texas PA license

Hi everyone, 

I have begun the process of getting licensed in Texas. All of my documentation has been submitted and I received notice that I will be assigned an analyst but that this could take several weeks. I have read some of the older topics on this but I was wondering if anyone that has gone through the new licensure process more recently could tell me how long this whole ordeal might take. On the older threads people have been saying the TPAB only meets 4 times a year but I am seeing a schedule that looks like they meet every month. Is this something that changed in 2017? I had a pretty promising interview last Friday and I am starting to stress that my license won't be complete for several months. What does this mean if they make me an offer? 

Also, if you applied for a temporary license how long did that take to process? How does the Texas PA Board expect us to start paying off our loans?! Feeling frustrated...  

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

On a similar note...I am from out of state, and 2 weeks ago received an email from my licence analyst saying they have all the papers. Now...I hear it takes 16 weeks for a temp licence and 20-24 for permanent...how true is that? Any recent experience getting the licence, and especially anyone from out of state? 

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone who has been recently licensed by TMB give any input on the time frame? I was assigned a license analyst beginning of October, havent received any updates and it’s now the end of December.  I called TMB and they said to contact the analyst for updates but haven’t heard back from her either.  

Archived