Summer science classes

Guest blee100

I took chem 1/L in summer and I enjoyed how fast paced it was. I did it at the community college nearby and the professor pretty much focused more on the most important content to get you ready for chem 2. I got an A in chem 1 and will be taking chem 2 this summer. I haven't applied to pa school yet but I think it will show pa schools that  I can handle fast pace work while working as a medical assistant and doing my shadowing hours and volunteering.

I took science classes for 2 summers, and they are definitely fast paced (my university only offered them in 5 week terms though). I took A&P 1, Biology 2, and Organic Chem 2 over the summer, and it was definitely a lot of work, and quite challenging (mostly bio 2 and O chem). However, since you are only focused on that one class, it allows you to eat/sleep/breath the material from the course rather than balancing a full course load like normal semesters. I was able to complete each with an A; so if you are prepared to put in the work and can teach yourself when you have to, I say go for it. 

Archived