Shadowing Advice

I am in need of PA shadowing experiences, but work as a MA full-time. I would love to be able to shadow a PA on the weekends/after-hours so I don't have to take off work to do so. Does anyone have experience with this/advice/recommendations on how or where to find such opportunities?

Many people have difficulty finding shadowing opportunities during regular business hours; this may be exponentially harder, especially since it sounds like you don't have any leads on a person to shadow.

I would start looking at hospitals or urgent cares. You need to find a place open on the weekend or at night, first. Then you can start cold calling PAs.

I worked at a hospital with PAs while I was applying to schools. I took a day off work, put on a suit instead of scrubs, and went to the hospital as a shadow instead of an employee. If there is a PA in your office you should consider doing the same. Gotta use the connections you have.

Archived