How Much $$$ Do You Make? (Informal Poll)

How Much Do You Make Per Year?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Do You Make Per Year?

• $80-90k
    • $91-100k
    • $101-110k
    • $111-120k
    • $121-130k
    • $131-140k
    • $141-150k
    • > $151k

18 minutes ago, BruceBanner said:

Id like to see it broken down by specialty/job. I doubt many UC/FP PAs are making >151k.

not without overtime anyway...$65 hr(going rate for uc) x 40 hrs/week x 52 weeks/yr = $135,200.

make it an avg of 45 hrs/week though and you hit 152,100

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 1:14 PM, PA-SGuy said:

What kind of setting is this? Rural? Inpatient?

Inpatient services (consults, various psych units, etc.). Hospitalist group and model. Western US major metro. Very high COL here, though from what I understand, it's pretty common for psych NPs to bring in ~150k+ in major cities throughout the US, though you usually need 1-2 years experience.

It's another 12k/year if you count the 401k contributions from my company.

2 hours ago, PA-C said:

Currently 100k/year. I’ll be earning more my second year when I become bonus eligible. I’m told the average 2nd year PA at the practice makes ~$150 - 180. PAs who have been there 3+ years typically make ~$200 - 250.

Setting = suburban derm in the midwest

3 days/week

Nice!!   I'm assuming this is a LOT of small procedures??

Strong work everyone. I should have made higher choices. 

I guess ill post mine too:

129k from salary, 5k signing bonus (new job) + decent benefits including 5 weeks PTO, medical, dental, malpractice etc

Bonus structure of 5-10k/yr but I'm not counting that as it's not guaranteed.

Also working part time ER at $750/10 hour shift. I can do 2-4 shifts/month

With my math, this comes out to 129 + 5 + 18 (2 ER shifts/month) = 152k minimum. I will likely also be cashing out at least 2 weeks of PTO for an extra 5k. 

This is is my second year out of school. Let's increase that national average ladies and gents :)

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, Boatswain2PA said:

Nice!!   I'm assuming this is a LOT of small procedures??

Pretty much. All the excisions are sent to the MOHS surgeons and the surgical PA who was recently hired at the end of 2017. So I and the rest of the PAs do shaves, punches, ED&Cs, Cryo, Botox, Filler. We have a pretty high volume of people on the days we work, about 150 appointments a week. I’ve only been seeing patients for 4 months and have already completed ~2000 visits.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, greenmood said:

This info is interesting, but IMO useless without location details. I have this sense that location, even moreso than specialty, impacts pay.

I agree, I have been saying this on here for years...Just cause you make 150K/year, but it cost you 650K to buy a average home, I do not want to live in that area...I would like to see people edit their post and put the approximate location then those numbers will mean much more due to COL. 

$65/hour @ my FT ED gig, W2 with bennies.  Did over 2,000 hours, some OT, prob made about $135,000.  $70/hour @ my PT ED gig, W2, no bennies other than med-mal.  Prob did about 500 hour, so another $35,000.  So, about $170,000 total.  5 years out of school.

Next year: much more time at home - made promise to the wife.  Don't need to work anywhere near that much.

Cost of 3,000 square foot custom home on 10 acres with pond: $500,000.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

I agree, I have been saying this on here for years...Just cause you make 150K/year, but it cost your 650K to buy a average home does not want to live in that area...I would like to see people edit their post and put the approximate location then those numbers will mean much more due to COL. 

^^^  THIS!  

I make $70/hr, corporate urgent care.  Craptastic benefits.  Like reeeeeeealy bad.  Welcome to Texas.

3 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

I agree, I have been saying this on here for years...Just cause you make 150K/year, but it cost your 650K to buy a average home does not want to live in that area...I would like to see people edit their post and put the approximate location then those numbers will mean much more due to COL. 

Fortunately for those of us who like Rural America better than Urban America, we get the benefit of not only greater pay but also much lower COL.

We just bought 75 acres of stunning land for $135K.   Gonna build a $300K dream house on it.

That house, with this land, in places along the coast would be worth many millions.

• Upvote 4