Some Prerequisites older than 10 years

I went back to PA school in 2004, almost 40 years after getting my BS (1968). I had to retake statistics, introductory psych, and chem 1 (not physics, composition, etc). I had not taken organic, biochem, bio, anatomy, physiology, human development, etc so I took them over several years in the late afternoon and evening (or by Internet) at our local community college.

That was for my program. Programs usually list their requirements on their Internet site.

So, no, you won't need to repeat your BS! Good luck!

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, Pnk132 said:

Do all my prerequisite classes have to be 5 years or under? I might as well go back to school and get a bachelors again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt the same way! I graduated with my Bachelors in 2009 and Masters in 2011, so many of my prerequisites were on the older side.  I applied for the first time this cycle, was accepted to one of my top choices, and start soon. I also received interview invitations for 5/8 schools that I applied to.  So it's definitely possible for you to apply with classes that are more than 5 years old, but you need to do your research.  Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Some of the programs I am looking into don't care when prereqs were taken and some require certain courses be taken within 5 years of applying. (For me, chemistry 1 and 2 were 11 years ago!) For example, one school requires 1 of the biology prereqs and 1 of the chem prereqs be taken within 5 years, so I am making sure some of the upper level bios and organic chem will be taken shortly before I apply. They do not have a time-frame requirement for others, however.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Naecolex3
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Nicole Rodriguez and I am a recent graduate from Florida International University double major in Biology and Natural & Applied Sciences. I am currently working as a medical assistant working on my patient care hours and will be applying to PA schools the next cycle. I would like to have some guidance on my personal statement and would appreciate any advice! I may be reached out via email Nicole.rodriguez3860@icloud.com

Thank you for your time!
    • By 201920192019pa2019
      Hi all,
      I am a second semester PA student who was accepted with a low GPA directly out of undergrad. I am holding Zoom Advising sessions where I can help you figure out how you can improve your application and answer any questions you may have about the application process including personal statement review. The cost of each session is $10. Please send me a PM if you are interested! Thank you, and Good luck!
    • By salmisfsh
      Hey everyone, thought I would share my services in case it could be of use to anyone. I created a guide that initially was intended for applicants to medical school and medical residency that helps with answering common interview questions asked and my personal answers to those questions and strategies on what I felt worked best to attack them. I had a pre PA students also find this guide quite helpful, so I wanted to share in case anyone was interested. 
      I also offer essay editing and application editing services for your PA school essays!
      Thanks again and best of luck in your journey!. 
      Here is the link to my guide: https://www.fiverr.com/dreyemd/residency-and-medical-school-interview-question-and-answer-guide
    • By KimberlyM54
      Hello all! 

My name is Kim and I am a demonstrated pre-PA coach and a current PA-S with a high success rate of client admission. I am currently available to take on new clients. I offer services including the following: personal statement editing/feedback, supplemental essay editing/feedback, interviewing prep/coaching, mock interviews, general pre-PA application advising sessions and pre-PA planning for the future. During the 2019-2020 cycle, I was invited to 7 interviews but only chose to attend 4 as I was accepted to my top choice by the 4th interview. I was accepted to ALL programs that I decided to interview with. Please email me at prepacoachkimberly@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about my services. I also offer these services to other pre-health students as well.

Happy holidays, 
      Kim 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More