Manhattan class of 2021

3 hours ago, Crissy1989 said:

How long did they give you to accept the offer? I think mines said by March but I just wanted to make sure.

Same i believe. I already accepted mine bc its transferrable to other Programs within the school. We should make a facebook page

Guest blee100

@Perimichelle Hi I'm a pre-pa student who wants to apply here for the new cycle coming up. I was wondering did you have any pending prereq during the interview process? Cause I spoke to someone who work at Touro and they said you are able to have pending prereqs but it push your application to the back I guess. Also is it possible you could possibly share your stats at all cause no one has posted their accepted stats for this program? If not it ok thank you for your help 

Hi @blee100 !

I didn't have any pending prerequisites when I applied. I graduated undergrad 2016 from Binghamton University and have been working as a medical assistant since. I applied for the 2017 cycle because I needed/wanted more hours before applying. Between volunteering, shadowing and working I think I applied with around 1500-2000 hours. I definitely didn't do my best my freshman year in a couple of the general bio/chem classes. I worked hard to increase my GPA the next 3 years and did well in all the upper level courses. Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 hour ago, blee100 said:

@Perimichelle Hi I'm a pre-pa student who wants to apply here for the new cycle coming up. I was wondering did you have any pending prereq during the interview process? Cause I spoke to someone who work at Touro and they said you are able to have pending prereqs but it push your application to the back I guess. Also is it possible you could possibly share your stats at all cause no one has posted their accepted stats for this program? If not it ok thank you for your help 

Hey i am a Bachelor completion student so i don't have my degree yet but had the prereqs and at least the minimum amount of credits which was 90. I had about 1500-2000 hours of direct patient and shadowing as well as some other volunteering. Overall was a 3.45 BCP was 3.9 

9 hours ago, blee100 said:

Hey, 

I applied while I was taking Orgo Chem and interviewed while I was doing finals. For Touro Manhattan, they allow it. For Bayshore, it delays your application. My bachelors was psyc and I went bck and took pre reqs. 

Cum GPA: 3.7

Pre req GPA: 4.0 

PCE: 2500 hrs I was a residential counselor at a group home.

Volunteer hrs: 200

Shadowing Hrs: about 80 hrs.

I hope this helps. 

Guest blee100

@Crissy1989

Hi Crissy! Thank you so much for the response. You definitely can say you relieved a ton of my stress. The gentleman I spoke to at Touro Manhattan told me if If I have orgo pending they would pretty much throw my application to the back of the line and not even look at it and it would be pretty much be a waste of money to apply. I was so confused cause the website says you are allowed to have pending prereqs and I plan to apply early. Thank again I can't wait to apply now for the upcoming cycle!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:17 PM, Akv12c said:

I interviewed on Jan 29th and only received a email saying thank you for interview and reviewing all applicants, etc. Email received yesterday. Has anyone received an official answer since the 29th interview? 

Hi,

I was interviewed on the 29th and received the same email. Did not get accepted yet.

Archived