@pagirl17

I am taking a guess here but....

They rank candidates based on factors like GPA, GRE, etc.

They offer interview invites to the top 90. If those top 90 are competitive enough to be offered an interview, other schools are courting them as well. More programs open every year bc this is a popular field and a money maker for schools.

There is a deadline to accept/decline the interview from what other posters have mentioned. I am guessing EMU is waiting on the top ranked candidates to accept/decline interviews, and then they go down the list with the next batch of invites until they have enough of a pool of interviewees to have their seats and waitlist filled to their satisfaction.

I believe it's 30 seats, and a waitlist of 15.

Edited by PADEKO
clarity

2 minutes ago, charmalarm said:

Well since they said we should hear something by October 1st (next Monday), i wonder if we know if we’re rejected/interviewing within a week or so.

i certainly hope to know either way!

congrats to those interviewing and best of luck.:)

me too, maybe they will notify us if we would be put on the waitlist too.

@charmalarm
I would imagine so. If we don't hear by October 1st, I think it's fair to contact them.

Other posters have said they received rejections on the 26th last year. And in one of the other threads, someone said they had to call bc they did not receive their rejection due to a server issue.

I have not been struggling to be patient at all... lol.

No word here....

I've even checked CASPA to see if there's an update there. My application still says "verified."

The confirmation e-mail said Oct 1st. So it looks like we wait. If we don't have word by then, I think it's fair to contact EMU and ask for an update.

The panel interviews are new this year, so perhaps the rejection process changed as well.