I'm out too. There were allegations on another thread that EMU does not like to admit older students, and they don't like to admit foreign students. I hope this is untrue.

English is my first language, and all of my post bacc work and my graduate degree were completed in the US. I'm a legal resident.

I will not be applying again, I am too old (clearly, ha) and do not want to move. My credits start to expire this year.

Best of luck to those interviewing, remember us when you're living it up in the PA life. 

Plus side, I just saved $80k?

8 minutes ago, PADEKO said:

I'm out too. There were allegations on another thread that EMU does not like to admit older students, and they don't like to admit foreign students. I hope this is untrue.

English is my first language, and all of my post bacc work and my graduate degree were completed in the US. I'm a legal resident.

I will not be applying again, I am too old (clearly, ha) and do not want to move. My credits start to expire this year.

Best of luck to those interviewing, remember us when you're living it up in the PA life. 

How old are you?  Just curious because I’m definitely not 22 either lol

11 minutes ago, PADEKO said:

In EMU’s first class of 18 students, 6 were 30 or older at time of graduation, and 3 were 40+. https://chhs.emich.edu/chhs-congratulates-first-graduates-of-pa-program 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, LER21 said:

In EMU’s first class of 18 students, 6 were 30 or older at time of graduation, and 3 were 40+. https://chhs.emich.edu/chhs-congratulates-first-graduates-of-pa-program 

Yeah, it seems like they have a specific points system they use to decide who gets interviews.  I strongly doubt age has much (if anything) to do with it.

28 minutes ago, Juliag said:

Rejection over here too ? I think they put more emphasis on the GRE and lots of science courses. Oh well..hoping for other schools! Good luck everyone! 

I agree, I think the "score above 300 on the GRE" advice in the books is out dated. People scored 309s, 318s and got interviews. I scored 305. Quantitative killed me.

I spent my citizenship money applying. Such a disappointment.

3 hours ago, PADEKO said:

You could be correct:

Good evening everyone,

Got rejection email today:

Stats are as follows:

Bachelor's degree: GPA 3.6 ( My Bachelor degree is from India, , Maybe that can be a reason for rejection).

Master's degree GPA:3.4

Doctorate Degree GPA: 3.7

cGPA:3.0

sGPA:3.7

>10000 hrs in PCE.

Phlebotomy certification, Certified Lymphedema Therapist, the Physical therapist.

LOR's from:  2  Supervisor's, Physician, Physical therapist.

GRE: 277 total.

TOEFL score : 96

Shadow hours: 40 PA, 40 DO and 20 NP.

Volunteer hrs: 200

Co-Founder of scholarships for 2 schools in India, setting up a free PT clinic in Texas for probono PT services.

Received my rejection email today, kind of sad.....I am sad.

Good luck to everyone for an Interview! I will strengthen my application.

Many congratulations to those who are invited for an interview.

Best of Luck!

Edited by mkaur24

8 hours ago, pagirl17 said:

What did you do differently this year to get interviews, if you don’t mind me asking?

I wrote a much better personal statement and paid for a service to help me fine tune and perfect it. I naively assumed my personal statement was great because I'm confident with my writing skills. What I didn't realize is that being well written and being a great personal statement are not the same thing. I also made a point to apply as early as possible as I'm pretty sure not doing so hurt me last year. I also obtained phlebotomy certification and racked up more PCE.  I'm 100% confident my greatly improved PS made the difference above everything else.

Just now, plumbbr said:

Pretty relaxed interview? EMU will be my first interview experience for PA school!

pretty much every school tries to make it as "relaxed" as possible - it's always going to be a high stress situation, especially your first one! But it's not that bad. Just do your best to be on time, be prepared & be yourself ?  

11 minutes ago, Pippin281 said:

pretty much every school tries to make it as "relaxed" as possible - it's always going to be a high stress situation, especially your first one! But it's not that bad. Just do your best to be on time, be prepared & be yourself ?  

Thanks for the advice and good luck!

Hi all! I was lucky enough to receive an interview as well tomorrow, 10/9. Following up to those who have interviewed, the email mentioned a panel interview. Does this mean that it is just one interviewee with many faculty, or a traditional group interview? Thanks and good luck everyone! 

4 hours ago, emillyb said:

Hi all! I was lucky enough to receive an interview as well tomorrow, 10/9. Following up to those who have interviewed, the email mentioned a panel interview. Does this mean that it is just one interviewee with many faculty, or a traditional group interview? Thanks and good luck everyone! 

My interview is tomorrow too! I had the same question...

5 hours ago, emillyb said:

1 hour ago, knicole said:

My interview is tomorrow too! I had the same question...

As someone who's already interviewed, I think it's fair we all go in with the same amount of information to keep the playing field even. The interview format was new for this year, so we didn't have any extra insight going in either. 

Good luck all! 

If you look up EMU's class acceptance stats, you will see that they admit people with a 3.9 average GPA!

That means your grade matters more to them than anything else in the application.  

I think this is why they have a 100 pass rate. The committee only accepts people who are almost deadlocked to pass the PANCE. 

• 3 weeks later...