The initial screening e-mail I received stated that "The EMU PA program will contact you no later than October 1st, 2018 to notify you the status of your application. Select applicants will be invited via CASPA e-mail if chosen for an on-campus interview."

On that note,  we still have 11 days to get this make or break e-mail. Most schools are just now sending emails out this week/next week for interviews. The hurry up and wait game is never fun, but it is all a part of the process. Still, good luck to everyone! 

13 minutes ago, pagirl17 said:

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Do you guys mind sharing when you guys applied & stats?

I honestly don't really know specifically when I applied, I want to say in May? My cumulative undergrad GPA is ~3.75. GRE: Quant: 150, Verbal: 159, Writing: 5.0, overall: 309. I have about 10,000 PCE hours in various settings from veterinary medicine (still counts as PCE!), nurse technician, phlebotomist, etc. I also have considerable research experience. Hope that helps!

18 minutes ago, pagirl17 said:

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Do you guys mind sharing when you guys applied & stats?

I applied later in the summer, maybe August. They are not rolling with sending out interview invites so I don't think it really matters when you submit it as long as they have everything before the deadline. I have a GPA of 3.91, GRE: Quant 158, Verbal 153, Overall 311, Writing 4.5. I have about 1000 hours from PT Tech/CNA experience.

I sent my response around 9pm of my ranking of the available interview sessions so I’m not sure when i’ll find out! Probably Monday or after everyone is due to respond (next Friday by noon). Does anyone know how many people are invited to interview? *EDIT* their website says 90 are invited!

19 hours ago, pagirl17 said:

Thank you so much for your replies! What day will you guys be interviewing? How exciting! 

Edited by LER21

7 hours ago, charmalarm said:

Congrats to those that have received invites!

anyone know if they will be inviting more people later?

would anyone mind posting the interview dates so we can clear our schedule in case of an interview? 

Thanks ?

From my interview invite email, the options given are:

• WED, 10/3 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/3 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • TUE, 10/9 from 3:00-4:30 PM
  • TUE, 10/9 from 4:45-6:15 PM
  • WED, 10/10 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/10 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • WED, 10/17 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/17 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • FRI, 10/19 from 3:30-5 PM
  • FRI, 10/19 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • TUE, 10/30 from 3:00-4:30 PM
  • TUE, 10/30 from 4:45-6:15 PM
  • WED, 10/31 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/31 from 5:15-6:45 PM

19 hours ago, LER21 said:

Probably Monday or after everyone is due to respond (next Friday by noon). Does anyone know how many people are invited to interview?

Congrats to the interviewees! I do not appear to be among the chosen but have not received the rejection e-mail either.

My understanding is that they interview the top 100 ranked candidates? (Edit: previous poster "website says 90 were interviewed.")

Congrats on those GRE scores and GPAs, guys! I debated retaking the test, I scored 305/4, kicking myself for not.

Edited by PADEKO

1 hour ago, plumbbr said:

From my interview invite email, the options given are:

• WED, 10/3 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/3 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • TUE, 10/9 from 3:00-4:30 PM
  • TUE, 10/9 from 4:45-6:15 PM
  • WED, 10/10 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/10 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • WED, 10/17 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/17 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • FRI, 10/19 from 3:30-5 PM
  • FRI, 10/19 from 5:15-6:45 PM
  • TUE, 10/30 from 3:00-4:30 PM
  • TUE, 10/30 from 4:45-6:15 PM
  • WED, 10/31 from 3:30-5 PM
  • WED, 10/31 from 5:15-6:45 PM

thanks!!!

27 minutes ago, PADEKO said:

Congrats to the interviewees! I do not appear to be among the chosen but have not received the rejection e-mail either.

My understanding is that they interview the top 100 ranked candidates? Congrats on those GRE scores and GPAs, guys! I debated retaking the test, I scored 305/4, kicking myself for not.

Not that this helps because I've yet to actually be admitted anywhere, but my GRE score was not great. At all.

147Quan, 158Verbal, 5.5 writing. Clearly math isn't my strong suit!

I do have a 3.939GPA, 3.8science GPA, and 2500 hours as a nurse technician at a hospital. So that probably helps me, but if I don't get in this cycle I'll definitely retake the GRE!

5 minutes ago, knicole said:

Not that this helps because I've yet to actually be admitted anywhere, but my GRE score was not great. At all.

147Quan, 158Verbal, 5.5 writing. Clearly math isn't my strong suit!

I do have a 3.939GPA, 3.8science GPA, and 2500 hours as a nurse technician at a hospital. So that probably helps me, but if I don't get in this cycle I'll definitely retake the GRE!

Haha you did better on the math than I did. My husband is an engineer and he helped me with the GRE prep, even he said the questions are challenging.

You are definitely a competitive candidate. Don't give up, your GPA is amazing!

39 minutes ago, PADEKO said:

My understanding is that they interview the top 100 ranked candidates? (Edit: previous poster "website says 90 were interviewed.")

Congrats on those GRE scores and GPAs, guys! I debated retaking the test, I scored 305/4, kicking myself for not.

I also didn't do great on the GRE! Quant: 150, Verbal: 159, Writing: 5.0. Every resource I looked at said to just get a 300+ and you'll be fine as long as the rest of your stats are good.