Hey guys! I noticed there wasn't a post about the upcoming application cycle. I wanted to create a post so we could discuss and answer questions for each other. I think making this post will allow us to create connections and encourage each other, so we can all achieve one goal-- getting into PA school! Leave your stats and any comments here!

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone can provide me with some information either from experience or previous cycle forums.  I am applying to Eastern in hopes they go through the process quickly. I know the cycle for Eastern ends in September, but does anyone know when the interviews started, or when the offers were sent out for the next year? Thanks for any information.

Edited by Tyler514063

22 minutes ago, Tyler514063 said:

Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone can provide me with some information either from experience or previous cycle forums.  I am applying to Eastern in hopes they go through the process quickly. I know the cycle for Eastern ends in September, but does anyone know when the interviews started, or when the offers were sent out for the next year? Thanks for any information.

Interviews begin in the Fall. Eastern offers 30 seats. You should still accept your seat at the other PA school 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CASPA submitted 5/6 - received 5/29

Supplemtal submitted 4/30

Was informed of no further pursuit of my candidacy 5/30

GPA: 3.0

Science: 3.0

GRE: 305 w/ 4.5 analytical

pt care hours: >4500 with PA, PCP, Ortho, derm

Letters of rec from: previous professor/now medical professor, Ortho doc, and PCP PA

Third time applicant.

11 minutes ago, Hilly said:

CASPA submitted 5/6 - received 5/29

Supplemtal submitted 4/30

Was informed of no further pursuit of my candidacy 5/30

GPA: 3.0

Science: 3.0

GRE: 305 w/ 4.5 analytical

Letters of rec from: previous professor/now medical professor, Ortho doc, and PCP PA

Third time applicant.

You were denied? Also, did you apply to any other Michigan schools?

4 minutes ago, Potatolife said:

Did you not meet their requirements? EMU does not look at the applications until after the deadline. You must have been automatically denied if you did not meet a requirement

To the best of my knowledge, I have met and/or exceeded all minimum requirements.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Potatolife said:

Seconding you should contact them again. This part confuses me... Are you a MA? Scribe? I'm just confused about the quoted above because that's waaay too many hours to be just shadowing but you also said they were pt care hours.

They still haven't contacted me except the auto-email saying they've received my CASPA application

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Just submitted my application and GRE scores. Sending my supplemental tomorrow. Just curious as to how long did it take to get an e-mail for nothing is needed for the applications? And has anyone got interviews yet?!

GPA: 3.22

Science: 3.09

GRE: 298 w/ 4.5 analytical

Pt care hours: 15,000+ ( 4 years experience as ER tech, EMT, 10 years experience Respite Care for special needs adults) 

Volunteer hours: 1,000+

Letters of rec from: Paramedic/Professor, MD, 2 PA's, & a Director of Patient Care Services-RN/BSN 

First time applicant to Eastern, Second year applying (first year CASPA didn't get my transcripts on time so I missed all deadlines)

2 hours ago, Emt212 said:

Hey guys! Just submitted my application and GRE scores. Sending my supplemental tomorrow. Just curious as to how long did it take to get an e-mail for nothing is needed for the applications? And has anyone got interviews yet?!

GPA: 3.22

Science: 3.09

GRE: 298 w/ 4.5 analytical

Pt care hours: 15,000+ ( 4 years experience as ER tech, EMT, 10 years experience Respite Care for special needs adults) 

Volunteer hours: 1,000+

Letters of rec from: Paramedic/Professor, MD, 2 PA's, & a Director of Patient Care Services-RN/BSN 

First time applicant to Eastern, Second year applying (first year CASPA didn't get my transcripts on time so I missed all deadlines)

I got an email saying they received my application. They don’t look at applications until after the deadline 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

EMU alumni here and a first time applicant to the PA program!  I wanted to wish you all the best of luck and hope that the admissions process works in our favor!

I submitted my applications late June and had been verified by early July.  I had received confirmation that EMU had all documents on August 4th, and that I met the program requirements.  Still waiting to hear back from EMU, however we should all be getting feedback within the next few weeks (how exciting/nerve wracking)! 

Here are some of my stats:

• CASPA GPA: 3.6
  • CASPA Science GPA: 3.51
  • GRE: Verbal-154 / Quantitative-150 / Analytical 4.0 / Composite: 304
  • Degree: Exercise Science, minors in Human biology and Human Nutrition.
  • Clinical experience: 1,200 Cardiac Rehab & Stress Testing,  8 PA shadow (ortho),  40 DO shadow (ER)
  • Certifications: NFPT-CPT, BLS, ACLS
  • LOR: 5 ( 2 professors, 1 DO, 1 Exercise Physiologist, & 1 Internship coordinator) 

If anybody has any questions about EMU or the area I would love to share what I know! 

Edited by Mas0nj4r

• 2 weeks later...