Taking new version of PANRE?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Taking new version of PANRE?

• Yes
    • No

I'm curious, how many people here are deciding to take the new version of the PANRE or sticking with the old one...

Regular PANRE has a 97% or so pass rate, even as a speciality PA I have taken it twice cold and passed both times, taking it a year early gives me a buffer in case I need to retake it.

• Upvote 1

Just following up, for those people who are currently doing the pilot and who have taken the PANCE before, how do you like the pilot vs the old PANCE? Was there really a difference in the way the questions are like? 

Edited by cdcd67

I took the PANRE in January. The new way sounds like death by a thousand cuts. I’m good until 2028, when - if I’m lucky - I’ll be really old!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, UGoLong said:

I took the PANRE in January. The new way sounds like death by a thousand cuts. I’m good until 2028, when - if I’m lucky - I’ll be really old!

By a lot of standards, you might already be really old.  ?

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, cdcd67 said:

Just following up, for those people who are currently doing the pilot and who have taken the PANCE before, how do you like the pilot vs the old PANCE? Was there really a difference in the way the questions are like? 

Deadline for the pilot is coming up, so no way to compare until questions start getting delivered to those participants. I assume those participating will be asked to not share knowledge of the questions. For those who have taken the test prior, that would have to be one sharp recall in order to provide comparison.

The pilot is for the PANRE only, not the PANCE. The PANCE remains the same, go to testing center.

The pilot is only for those recerting in 2019 and 2020. There is no guarantee that those recerting in 2021 will be able to participate or if the pilot will become the new reality. Depends on the outcome of the pilot and if the response from the PA world is robust enough to warrant the alternative pathway.

George