Is it necessary to take ochem and biochem lab as pre-req for PA school? At my college, ochem lab and biochem lab are separated course, you have to pass ochem lab in order to take biochem lab. I barely survived ochem and I'm not good at doing lab work at all so I don't know if i should take the lab. My science GPA is really low already so I do not want to bring it down. Thanks! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Lidia86
      Hello everyone. I would like to hear your opinions on online lab classes due to the Covid-19 situation right now. So I’m enrolled in general chemistry with an online lab, and I am contemplating on dropping the class because I’m afraid schools won’t accept it. (Also waist of time and money) Thanks for your opinions. 
    • By toyosizai
      Hi, 

Just signed up for this forum. 

I am currently a senior in my undergrad, I finish in the Summer 2021. My current cumulative gpa is 3.09 which is very low and for my science courses these are the grades I have made: 
      General Chem 1 & 2: B
      Biology 1 : B
      Biology 2: C 
      Orgo 1: C 
      Orgo 2: F(first time), C (2nd time)  
      Physics 1 & 2: A
      Genetics: B-
      Microbiology: D, I am going to retake. 

I am taking Biochemistry 1 this spring 2021 and other upper-division biology courses where I hope to make As in. 

I would like advice on what I should do to increase my gpa.  Should I enroll in a post-bacc program while getting PCE (through volunteering/shadowing or getting a job at an urgent care or hospital) or should retake the classes I received a C or below in, then start prepping to take the GRE and going through the application process. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you. 

• By prepagirl2020
      I know that schools normally want you to take labs for prereqs in person. Has anyone heard from schools about labs being online due to covid and if those can satisfy the prereq requirement for classes requiring labs? Ex would be chemistry 1 lab or microbio lab. Not sure I'll have the option to take those labs in person, so I'm trying to see if the online version from my local university will work.
    • By PAgirl199
      Hey everyone! 

I was recently accepted into a program for fall of 2020. BIOCHEM was not a prerequisite, but I have been currently retaking the class in case I had to re apply. My acceptance is conditional based on having an up to date physical and that is It (I already submitted the physical). My question is, is It worth finishing up this class strong? Or should I stop putting effort into the class and relax until my program starts? I’m not sure what to do & don’t want to waste time studying if I do not have to! Thanks !!
    • By throwaway8095
      Im curious about the difficulty of the course and wether or not the exams/finals are open note/internet. and if so, is it easy to find solutions online to the questions along with good explanations.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More