Prerequisite Science Classes Online - Genetics

Just curious whether anyone has taken Genetics online? I see it as an option and would rather do that just because of my schedule. I've not taken any other of my prerequisites online. 

I assume since Genetics doesn't usually have an accompanying lab that that is alright for most schools that require it as a prerequisite. If anyone has any experience with having taken it online and whether that was alright, please let me know.

I've searched threads and can't find anything. Also- I've emailed a couple programs and they give an automatic response basically stating that I should read their course catalog for help with whether a course is appropriate. But this doesn't really help me.

Thanks! I really appreciate the quick responses, but that wasn’t really what I was asking. I have an online option at my own local school. I’m moreso trying to be assured that it’s ok to take online and accepted widely as a prerequisite BECAUSE it’s online. And also whether the content is incredibly difficult online vs traditional.

Thanks! I really appreciate the quick responses, but that wasn’t really what I was asking. I have an online option at my own local school. I’m moreso trying to be assured that it’s ok to take online and accepted widely as a prerequisite BECAUSE it’s online. And also whether the content is incredibly difficult online vs traditional.

I took it online through the local university. If I had it to do over I would not choose to go the online route. I learn much better in a classroom setting so online was difficult for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do PA schools view online classes? Thinking about raising my gpa up a bit. 

The programs that I applied to were fine with the online classes that I took. Many of them specifically state that they won’t take classes that require labs in the online form. i.e. microbiology, organic chem, a&p, etc

2 hours ago, extract said:

The programs that I applied to were fine with the online classes that I took. Many of them specifically state that they won’t take classes that require labs in the online form. i.e. microbiology, organic chem, a&p, etc

Good to know. I'm going to individually contact each school and figure out what each one wants as well. 

• 2 months later...

Archived