CASPA Questions (please help, I'm new)

Hi all,

I am hoping to apply this upcoming cycle and have a couple of CASPA questions I'm hoping to get some answers on:

As far as LOR's, does the letter writer just get an email from CASPA that they attach a signed, scanned letter to and does that email address have to be a professional one? My current supervisor (of 10 years) is leaving so he won't have access to his work email anymore.

Thanks so much for any advice!

It is always wise to start as soon as you can but I believe completing the application in June is still early enough.

I say start with everything else on CASPA as soon as it opens up. You can wait until mid May to send your last current transcripts. All other transcripts you can have it sent to CASPA as soon as you can. It will take time to enter all your classes on CASPA so don't wait for the transcripts and then begin applying. 

Let all your references know in advance about the LOR. At least a month in advance, that way they can have the letter ready and as soon as they receive the email from CAPSA. They can upload it for you.

For the LORs, the doctor who wrote my LOR used his personal email for CASPA. So, that is not an issue.

Good luck. 

Archived