MEDEX Spokane Interview 1/6/18

Hey friends!

My name is Brittany, I will be heading out to Spokane for an interview on 1/6/18, and didn't know if anyone who is a current student, or recently admitted, who has any tips/tricks for this interview! I saw on the schedule sent in the mail that the oral interviews will have 3 applicants in each one, which is fairly unique according to my research on interviews at various programs. How did this feel for people? 

Thanks! And can't wait to meet all of whom are attending this interview!

First year student here- I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but the best advice I can give you is to be yourself! The interviews are relaxed and they just want to know you on a personal basis. They’ve already “accepted” you on paper! The 3-person interview style isn’t as intimidating as it may sound. Essentially they want to see how you answer questions differently from the other two people you’re in a session with. It’s a great opportunity to demonstrate your creative thinking skills.  The faculty and staff are very welcoming...just try and enjoy the day. You’ll have time to visit with the first and second year students and it’s a great time to ask questions about the program and school-life balance. Good luck! 

I am also flying from Anchorage and will arrive early on the 4th as well! I am staying at the Red Lion Hotel, which is really close to the campus. I am thinking of hanging around the lobby of the hotel around 7pm on Thursday if anyone has interest in meeting there :) I am not sure if I will be able to meet Friday and I am looking forward to meeting you all Saturday! 

On 12/31/2017 at 0:48 PM, PNWPaWannabe said:

I wrote up something for the Seattle interview this year; the link is below.  There may be slight regional differences, but I think the info should still be useful!  Feel free to ask any questions.

best of luck!

Thank you so much, that definitely helps a lot. 

I am also flying from Anchorage and will arrive early on the 4th as well! I am staying at the Red Lion Hotel, which is really close to the campus. I am thinking of hanging around the lobby of the hotel around 7pm on Thursday if anyone has interest in meeting there :) I am not sure if I will be able to meet Friday and I am looking forward to meeting you all Saturday! 

I’m game for that. We can exchange numbers via messages and start a text exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First year student here- I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but the best advice I can give you is to be yourself! The interviews are relaxed and they just want to know you on a personal basis. They’ve already “accepted” you on paper! The 3-person interview style isn’t as intimidating as it may sound. Essentially they want to see how you answer questions differently from the other two people you’re in a session with. It’s a great opportunity to demonstrate your creative thinking skills.  The faculty and staff are very welcoming...just try and enjoy the day. You’ll have time to visit with the first and second year students and it’s a great time to ask questions about the program and school-life balance. Good luck! 

My hardest question last year was “tell me about yourself.” Every time I tried to practice I felt like I was writing a dating profile. Any pointers?

Hey everyone,

My name is Nolan, I am attending to interview for a seat in Anchorage Class #10. I will heading over from Seattle on Friday morning. I am staying at the Red Lion at the park as well. I would love to meet up in the evening on Friday if anyone is interested. Feel free to let me know! 

Good luck everyone!

20 hours ago, CBER2016 said:

My hardest question last year was “tell me about yourself.” Every time I tried to practice I felt like I was writing a dating profile. Any pointers?

I would recommend you briefly mention your current work, if you are from the area or why you want to move here (just info about yourself from your app, very quick, just highlights) and then add in some things that make you unique. Married to your high school sweetheart? Won a baking competition? Recently learned how to salsa dance? Something that will help them remember you but also show a personable side. Don’t go into your passion to become a PA/ your life story introducing you to the medical field/ a big sob story....there will be time for those later (minus sob story, but they do like to hear about things you’ve worked hard to overcome, illustrating your perserverence and work ethic)

hope that is helpful! 

Archived