Seeking Shadowing near the Sneedle (Seattle, WA)

Hello PA world! 

My name is Tara Pianko and I currently live in Seattle, Washington. I am desperately looking to find a PA to shadow or get some advice about becoming a PA. I am willing to travel near or far to gain such experience and would appreciate it more than you know! A little more about me - I am 26 and currently working with the FDA as an Investigator primarily focusing on cross-contamination risks that could affect public health through food and a variety of other commodities. I have always had the desire to work in a clinical environment and fell in love with the idea of the PA profession but would love to solidify this idea into fact. I graduated from Colorado State University with a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology and graduated from Georgetown University with a Master's degree in Biohazardous Threat Agents (Bioterrorism) & Emerging Infectious Diseases. I have had about 200 hours of shadowing/experience in a hospital in Tanzania, which confirmed that I would love to work in a clinical environment with patients indefinitely. I would appreciate any assistance in gaining more shadowing experience or mentorship as I continue down the path in becoming a PA! 

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and Happy New Year! 

-Tara Pianko

Archived