Looking to Shadow in Texas

i shadowed a physcian assistant at the UNT Health science center, for a couple of days. I had 4 hours worth of shadowing with her.The UNT health science center does allow pre med students to shadow you just have to find a doctor or physcian assistant to shadow. I originally tried to shadow a cardiothoracic surgeon but the surgeon i emailed told me she stopped practicing and couldnt let me shadow, that was a bummer at first but she ended the email by saying she forwarded to a physcian assistant that worked in cardiology and told me to wait for a reply. I was so lucky for that by the way. The PA actually emailed me and we set up shadowing times that next month. it was a great experience because i didn't really know what PA's were. at that time i was only focused on the the path to become a Doctor, but that shadowing experience got me interested a little in the PA path and also into the cardiology specialty.

Archived