I got a OVI 10 years ago, how is this going to effect my chances of getting in pa school?

I am applying for PA school and on the application it asks me to state if I have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor. I received a OVI in 2007 when I was 18 and since have had a clean record. What is the best way to word an incident like this? I plan on acknowledging how wrong it was but also talk about how I overcame the incident and how I didn’t let it stop me from achieving my goals. Is this going to severely hurt my chances of getting into PA school? Please help!

Thank You!

Not at all, just lesson learned as stated.  Don't even think about lying about it, though.  They will find out.  

Best way to word it?  Brevity is your friend.  You are on the right track in thinking it can become a positive.  You failed yourself and did something monumentally stupid, learned a lesson, moved on.  Done, and here's what I've learned and done more recently.

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

All right, I'll ask the stupid question.  What's an OVI?  Operation of a motor vehicle, intoxicated maybe?

I was wondering as well.  

Best I could come up with was "Offering Vaginal Inspection".  Although not necessarily a misdemeanor, it could earn you a face slap, especially if proposed to a stranger at the mall.

Archived