Getting into PA school with two C's in Pre req courses?

Hello all, 

I am sure this question has been asked multiple times but, I am a pre pa student who has two "C's" in pre req course (statistics and anatomy and physiology 1) I also had to take chemistry 1 as GPNC and i plan on retaking both chemistry and a&p. I have patient care hours and i plan on starting volunteer work over the course of the last few years of undergrad that i have left. I just want to know of anyone here who has gotten into PA school with a similar situation, what you did to overcome these obstacles, and perhaps, if you can, add what school you are in or attended for PA school and your gpa that you applied to that school with, would be helpful too.

(Just in a panic over whether or not i should quit now or push forward.)

THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, sabrina said:

Hello all, 

I am sure this question has been asked multiple times but, I am a pre pa student who has two "C's" in pre req course (statistics and anatomy and physiology 1) I also had to take chemistry 1 as GPNC and i plan on retaking both chemistry and a&p. I have patient care hours and i plan on starting volunteer work over the course of the last few years of undergrad that i have left. I just want to know of anyone here who has gotten into PA school with a similar situation, what you did to overcome these obstacles, and perhaps, if you can, add what school you are in or attended for PA school and your gpa that you applied to that school with, would be helpful too.

(Just in a panic over whether or not i should quit now or push forward.)

THANK YOU!

I think you should push forward. Many schools ask that you have a C or better I. Prerequisite courses. If you take them over that would look good on your transcript but if not just make sure you have a solid PS, LOR, and whatever else you need to target the school you want to attend. I was just recently accepted into PA school and I had a C in a couple of prerequisite courses. When offered an interview I was able to explain and show growth. I took a year of prereqs as a post bac because I needed the biology classes because my degree was in chemistry. I even have an F on my transcript and retook the course and received a B+. I was able to explain how much I have matured since that time. 

Hope this helps. Never get discouraged. You are still in undergrad so you have time to make yourself look good.

good luck

I think you should push forward. Many schools ask that you have a C or better I. Prerequisite courses. If you take them over that would look good on your transcript but if not just make sure you have a solid PS, LOR, and whatever else you need to target the school you want to attend. I was just recently accepted into PA school and I had a C in a couple of prerequisite courses. When offered an interview I was able to explain and show growth. I took a year of prereqs as a post bac because I needed the biology classes because my degree was in chemistry. I even have an F on my transcript and retook the course and received a B+. I was able to explain how much I have matured since that time. 

Hope this helps. Never get discouraged. You are still in undergrad so you have time to make yourself look good.

good luck

Hearing stories like yours is extremely motivating, as I have a few “slip ups” on my application. If you don’t mind sharing, what we’re your stats when you applied (cGPA, sGPA, hours..) and where did you attend PA school? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mg023 said:

Hearing stories like yours is extremely motivating, as I have a few “slip ups” on my application. If you don’t mind sharing, what we’re your stats when you applied (cGPA, sGPA, hours..) and where did you attend PA school? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not in PA School. I was just accepted this cycle. I will be attending Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland , OH in May 2018. First cycle applying. 

I will private message you my stats. As I believe stats are not all that gets a person in. You have to believe yourself and have the ADCOM believe who you are on paper so your PS should be a reflection of who you are. 

I also believe you should target schools based on your stats. I would not have dared applied to a school where mean GPA was a 3.90. It’s all about approach and technique as well 

Hope me this helps. 

Absolutely doable.  I have a handful of friends/acquaintances who had "bad" grades, retook the classes they performed poorly in (either each class individually or did a post-bacc or smp program), and were accepted to medical schools (granted they were DO), PA schools, and one to an ABSN program.  Build a strong, well rounded application.

Archived