Retirement arrives, what would you want to go back and study?

Not to ever practice, but I’d like to go back and study law just to understand it better.  Best undergrad class at UT-Austin I took was Intro to Bus Law taught by a practicing attorney and first two exam scores combined weren’t a passing grade because I didn’t understand what he was wanting on the exam (don’t take a side but explain both viewpoints).  Must’ve finally figured it out since I got a C in the class.

• Upvote 2

UC Berkeley has an online 3 unit intro ochem class without lab. it's the only class I would need to take to get into lecom's 3 yr bridge program at this point. and yes, it meets the requirement.

physics is actually a lot of fun because the experiments are all large, unlike chem where everything is tiny and in a test tube.

This list gets longer every year.  Physics, law, classical piano are just the three that I can think of at the moment. 

Constantly fascinated by sociology and feats of civil engineering.  I took an Urban planning class back in undergrad and that was cool stuff.  Languages.

I received my acceptance to the joint JD/MA (American Colonial History) program at the University of Virginia as I was about to begin my second year of PA school.  Three years too late, and I still don't know how they even found me.

Khan Academy has a large O-chem section for those of you who are definitely not right.  Have at it. 

The last week of every year I donate to Khan and Wikipedia as a present to myself.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, south said:

This list gets longer every year.  Physics, law, classical piano are just the three that I can think of at the moment. 

Constantly fascinated by sociology and feats of civil engineering.  I took an Urban planning class back in undergrad and that was cool stuff.  Languages.

I received my acceptance to the joint JD/MA (American Colonial History) program at the University of Virginia as I was about to begin my second year of PA school.  Three years too late, and I still don't know how they even found me.

Khan Academy has a large O-chem section for those of you who are definitely not right.  Have at it. 

The last week of every year I donate to Khan and Wikipedia as a present to myself.  

That's a good idea, and nice gesture, on the donation to the sites.

If I went the Berkley route I'd have to find a bra and borrow an old draft card (just missed it) to burn.

Easy one for me.  Practicing Astronomy.  We are such a speck of nothing here compared to the inconceivable vastness of just our own galaxy...then throw in billions of galaxies.  Yea, that's the stuff that matters.  If we could get a few of our world leaders to view the earth for the fragile ball of glass it is, maybe they would not be trying to break it.

• Upvote 2

I plan to be carried out feet first from my job.  But maybe I'll reduce my hours before I die, in which case, I would love to go back and study Latin and Astronomy.

Actually, I've lately been interested in welding and forging, so maybe one day (hopefully before I'm that old), I'll learn it and use it as a hobby.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't even started my career yet and I feel silly answering, but I'll chime in. In undergrad my major and minor changed many times! (I have a lot of different interests)

Physics major, math minor -- that lasted a year --> Computer science major with math minor for another year

I then switched to CS with a Spanish minor --> that became a Biology major with a Spanish minor, and then finally I  graduated with a BA in Biology and a minor in Emergency Health Services

As a kid, I always wanted to be an engineer or a physicist. As I grew throughout college, my interests changed, and here I am in PA school. Often I wonder what I'd be doing if I would've stayed a physics major and pursued grad school in physics like I thought I would when I was 17. Michio Kaku is my hero, astrophysics is the most interesting thing to me! 

My gf bought me a quantam physics for dummies book as a christmas gift, I love it haha