University of Detroit Mercy: 2018-2019 Application Cycle

15 hours ago, agpa19 said:

Haven’t received anything yet. Does anyone know how they assign interviews? Does it go by date apps were submitted?

I believe they are interviewing the 5-year students first. Those are the ones who did the 3+2 at UDM and are basically guaranteed a seat in the program, if they meet all the requirements (~10-15 students). They just finished calling them. I think they're going to call a group of people every week to interview for the following week, I'm not sure though. If you didn't receive a rejection, it's probably a good thing 🙂

Edited by Potatolife

10 minutes ago, Potatolife said:

They are interviewing the 5-year students first. Those are the ones who did the 3+2 at UDM and are basically guaranteed a seat in the program, if they meet all the requirements (~10-15 students). They just finished calling them. I think they're going to call a group of people every week to interview for the following week, I'm not sure though. If you didn't receive a rejection, it's probably a good thing 🙂

I have a friend that is not part of the 5-year program and was invited for an interview this upcoming Monday. I wonder if they do 5-year students first & by application submission date? 

It would make sense to me that they interview the 5 year students along with students who skipped right to the interview process first. I remember at the meeting we were told there are applications that do not need multiple approvals to move forward, they automatically go to interview. Maybe that’s what this past Mondays interviews were for.

3 minutes ago, Sonojill said:

It would make sense to me that they interview the 5 year students along with students who skipped right to the interview process first. I remember at the meeting we were told there are applications that do not need multiple approvals to move forward, they automatically go to interview. Maybe that’s what this past Mondays interviews were for.

why do some people skip right to the interview process though without multiple approvals?